City String Ensemble is a stylish string ensemble who add a touch of class to your wedding, drinks reception or corporate event.
City String Ensemble are a stunning group of musicians who provide entertainment at all events. We are a string ensemble with a difference - the repertoire list features all your classical favourites, but we are not afraid to try something new!
You can expect to hear original, quirky arrangements of songs from musicals and films, swing classics, and modern pop songs. Check out our extensive repertoire - and if you have any other songs you'd like the group to perform for you, get in touch and we'll see what we can do!
We perform completely acoustically and are able to entertain your guests indoors or outdoors, provided there is suitable cover. We usually ensemble perform as a quartet but we are also available as a trio or duo, depending on space and budget.
We can entertain your guests for 30 minutes before the ceremony, and then ...
IAN• 18 May 2018
What can we say other than awesome. Such beautiful music played in the background, no issues, no fuss just played to a high professional standard. Thank you to all from the both of us.
Kim Gunson• 25 May 2017
They played beautifully at my daughters wedding . The Bride and groom were very happy . Would recommend them to anyone having an outdoor wedding , beautiful sound .
Georgia Sammons and Matt Hindmarsh• 23 Sep 2017
City String Ensemble played on our wedding day on the 23 September at the Church and Reception. They played the exact music we wanted and nothing was too much trouble for them. The music sounded incredible and all our guests said how amazing they were. thank you so much City String Ensemble.
Georgia and Matt x
Harriet Sanderson• 29 Jul 2017
The most incredible string quartet we could ever have asked for. They were so professional, extremely talented and our guests were enthralled by them. Such a wonderful group and we are so happy they were a part of our wedding day. Sophie was particularly helpful in booking them too.
Thank you City String Ensemble, for making it so special for us.
It is such a pleasure to get the chance to recommend City String Ensemble - they played for us at our Wedding last weekend and were such an amazing part of our day.
They have been amazing to work with since the moment I sent the enquiry months ago - fantastic customer service, an amazing repertoire of classic and modern music, amazing quality of playing and such lovely people to have as part of any event.
From young to old I had so many guests coming to tell me how amazing the music was th...
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We need to take a break after playing for 45-50 minutes. They are short breaks of 10-15 minutes. If preferred, we can take our break at a time that suits you and adjust our playing times accordingly if there are planned speeches or times when no music is required.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you have a favourite song which is not on our list, we can arrange this especially for you at an additional cost.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We can play for any event, be it big or small. We have played for weddings, private parties, corporate functions, memorials, backing strings for live concerts and recording sessions.
- How much space do you require?We require a well-lit space of 3m x 2m.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have Public Liability Insurance
- How long do you play for?We usually play for a total of 3-4 hours in sets of 45-50 minutes, allowing for a short break in between each set.
Please see our website for a full list of songs!