Bridgewater String Quartet
The Bridgewater String Quartet is a professional string quartet based in Manchester, performing regularly for weddings and events across the North West of England.
With 100’s of outstanding performances we have built a solid reputation both musically, and visually.
As well as our String Quartet, we also offer a Trio and Duo and have one of the largest String Repertoires in the UK.
All members are graduates of the UK’s top music conservatoires and have a wealth of experience performing at weddings and events. As well as private functions, we have collectively performed at many prestigious venues including the Royal Albert Hall, Bridgewater Hall, London Queen Elizabeth Hall and the Royal Festival Hall.
We perform regularly with some of the country’s top professional orchestras such as BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Hallé Orchestra, CBSO, Northern Ballet, BBC National Orchestra of Wales, Sinfonia Cymru, Manchester Camerata, Opera North and Northern Chamber Orchestra.
We have also enjoyed performances with Elbow, Clean Bandit, The 1975, Will Young, Pet Shop Boys, Andrea Bocelli, Dame Kiri Ti Kanawa, Leslie Garrett, Russell Watson, Bryn Terfel, Katherine Jenkins, Gorrilaz, Katie Melua, Nicola Benedetti, Aled Jones and Julian Lloyd Webber.
Live radio and television performances include BBC Radio 3, BBC 1 Children in Need, BBC Radio Wales, BBC 4 (The BBC Proms), Songs of Praise, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps and Red Nose Day.
Tracey and David, Eaves Hall• March 2, 2019
You guys were absolutely spectacular! What an amazing treat to have you play at our wedding, and our guests commented on how amazing you were. Thank you also for being so accommodating with the special requests. I honestly can’t recommend you enough and hope we get the opportunity to hear you play again!
Thanks for making our big day so magical!
Mark Peel• April 26, 2019
You made a fine evening of dining something extra special. Great things have got to be championed. Thankyou for an amazing and memorable experience
Marie Parker• July 27, 2019
Just a quick email to thank the Bridgewater Quartet for helping to make my daughter Rachel's and now husband Tom Marshall's wedding,held at Pendle Heritage Centre,on Saturday 27 July 2019 the most memorable success it truly was.
Thank you so much,and we wish you continued, richly deserved success in the future
Mr&Mrs Cleavers• July 10, 2019
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and the rest of the quartet for being amazing at our wedding. Everyone commented on how great you were. I remember walking into Stanley House and hearing you on the balcony and thinking it sounded amazing. I would also like to say that you were always really easy to deal with, quick at responding and of course 100% reliable! I would definitely recommend The BSQ for weddings as it really does add a touch of class to your special day
Mark Webster• Sept. 21, 2019
Fabulous performance, very professional and were loved by everyone at my Dad's 90th birthday party.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Bridgewater String Quartet is a professional string quartet based in Manchester, performing regularly for weddings and events across the North West of England
- What are the highlights of your career?Performances with Elbow, Clean Bandit, Hacienda Classical, One Night of Elvis, The 1975, Will Young, Pet Shop Boys, The Greatest Love of All Show, Andrea Bocelli, Dame Kiri Ti Kanawa, Leslie Garrett, Russell Watson, Bryn Terfel, Katherine Jenkins, Gorrilaz, Katie Melua, Nicola Benedetti, Aled Jones and Julian Lloyd Webber
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We us Samsung Galaxy tablets which look elegant and beautiful; and we have the largest repertoire, which is continually added to, in the UK
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthdays, corporate events, shows
- Who are your previous clients?· Manchester Cathedral – 58th Annual Conference of the Particle Therapy Group 2019 · Bridgewater Hall – “One Night of Elvis” 2014-date · MOSI – Turner and Townsend Summer Ball 2017/18 · Gorton Monastery – Belgian Football Team and Board Members meal 2017 · Liverpool Empire Theatre – “One Night of Elvis” 2015 & 2016 · Manchester Palace Theatre – “One Night of Elvis” 2014 & 2016 · Blackpool Tower Ballroom · Lowry Theatre · Broughton House · 55 Spring Gardens · Children in Need 2013 · Red Nose Day 2009/10 · Official string quartet XVII Commonwealth Games 2002 · Rum Warehouse, Liverpool · Manchester University graduation ceremonies · The Concert Room and Lutyens Crypt, Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral · Covent Garden Hotel · Waldorf Hotel · The Hilton Hotel Group · Royal Festival Hall · Natural History Museum · London Queen Elizabeth Hall · Royal Armouries Museum · Selfridges Group · Boodles Jewellers · Siemens UK · Manchester City Council · Harvey Nichols · Midland Hotel Group · Manchester Metro Newspaper launch 2009
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS transfer
- How long do you play for?Up to eight hours! We also quote from as short a duration as one hour
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?The quartet needs approximately 2m x 2m and trio requires a little less space
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We'd be happy to arrange it for you at a small cost. Please note that we require at least one month’s notice for this service
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Wedding ceremonies have natural breaks, meaning we wouldn't need a break during a two hour ceremony and drinks reception booking. Beyond that, just a ten minute break every 1.5 hours or so
- What will the String Quartet wear on the day?The Quartet and Trio dress traditionally in all black but we can wear colours if you prefer.
- Why do prices vary between String Quartets?Pricing usually corresponds to the level of professionalism and experience. The Bridgewater String Quartet offers competitive pricing and its members have been playing together for over 10 years. Underlying this performing experience is many years of national and international concert performances as individual musicians. The result of this level of professionalism of the Bridgewater String Quartet will be more than evident at your function. We are confident and capable in any setting from church services to garden parties
Performances for weddings, birthdays and corporate events.