A long standing member of both the Society of Wedding & Portrait Photographers and the British Professional Photographers Association, Peterborough based wedding photographer Paul Young has been shooting weddings professionally in the UK and overseas since 2002, picking up a number of awards for his images in that time and establishing himself as preferred supplier to the majority of Peterborough’s most prestigious wedding venues.
One of the first fully digital wedding photographers established in the Eastern Counties, Paul is totally at ease with the very latest digital technology, shooting with top of the range Canon cameras and lenses.
“My goal at every wedding is to capture the true essence and character of your wedding day and that means images that capture and hold some of the emotions that were present on the big day. I love it when couples come back to me and say the images made them smile …… but I love it even more if they come back and say they made them cry !"
"Arrival at the venue, signing the register, walking back down the aisle, the formal shots with family and friends, etc are all important parts of the day but they are not the only parts. The laughter, the tears, the hugs, the cute kids, the quiet moments, the party moments, the decorations, the location and much, much more all contribute to making every wedding day special and I will capture those for you too ….. indeed that is my speciality !"
"Some of the best moments from your day will be unplanned, unscripted and totally spontaneous and my skill is in anticipating those moments and being there to capture them ……. even if the subjects are oblivious to the fact that I’m capturing them !"
"The end product will be a portfolio that really was your wedding day, not a part of it but all of it, and my hope is that it will provide you with the sort of photographic memories that you will really enjoy looking at for the rest of your lives.”
- What services do you offer?Coverage from bridal preparations (or about 90 minutes before the service) through to just after the first dance.
- What does the wedding package include?Our £599 "GOLD" package includes a secure online web gallery within 3/4 days of the wedding, thirty 7.5" x 5" professionally produced prints, DVD of hi-res TIFF files, DVD of print ready JPG files ..... all discs free of copyright restrictions. Our £799 "PLATINUM" package does not include the thirty free prints but does include an A3 size lay-flat story book wedding album AND a music backed DVD slideshow.
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?No ....... never. The day is yours and yours alone !
- What style of photos do you take?I will cover all the shots "your Mum would expect" so all the traditional shots but my skills major on the informal and relaxed contemporary shots of your day. These are largely captured without people even knowing I am shooting and are designed to capture the true atmosphere and emotion of your day without adversely impacting on it.
- What kind of technology do you use?Fully digital. Two cameras, multiple lenses.
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?There is a secure web gallery online within 3 or 4 days of the wedding. A link to the gallery is ONLY made available to yourselves and it is up to you to then pass it on to whoever you wish to see your wedding images.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?Gallery is online with 3/4 days. Any prints ordered are generally turned round within a week. Wedding album takes around a week to create and then 10-14 days to print. The prints and album are produced by professional printers off site.
- Do you send all the photos taken?All of the images that make up your portfolio (between 300-500 depending on various factors) are provided back to you both in high resolution format AND in JPG format that makes printing easy for you. There are no strings, no small print, no copyright restrictions !
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I work alone and always have done !
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?No ...... but I haven't missed a wedding in 17 years !
- Do you have the rights to publish the wedding photos?Yes
Experienced, professional but relaxed, informal and non-scary wedding photography at the best prices anywhere !