Trehellas House Hotel and Restaurant
Trehellas House Hotel, Washaway, Bodmin, ,, PL30 3AD, Cornwall, Cornwall
Info about Trehellas House Hotel and Restaurant
built in 1745 Trehellas House was an Inn built by Molesworth family from the Pencarrow estate behind us. It was built near the junction of 3 ancient tracks.,The junction was marked by a Celtic cross which was later partly destroyed by Oliver Cromwell, This cross now stands on the green in front of the house it is believed to be the only one remaining in Cornwall to bear the fleur-de-lys. The hotel is surrounded
Originally known as the Washaway Inn, the sign depicted a woman at her wash tub with the words "Washaway your troubles"
For many years the petty sessions of the Hundred of Trigg were held in the building, but the court closed when the inn lost its licence in 1890 and became a farmhouse. This room is now our principal bedroom but is still as originally built except for the beautiful chandelier that replaced the original lighting.
The property resorted to a Country House Hotel in the 70s, Trehellas House & Cornwall welcomes you.
The hotel is close to the Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Heligan, Lanhydrock House, Padstow, Rock, Wadebridge and numerous other beautiful towns and sites in Cornwall. We are perfectly situated for walking, cycling the famous Camel Trail, and exploring all that Cornwall has to offer. We are 15 minutes from Newquay Airport & 45mins from Lands End
With 12 bedrooms - five in the main House, including the stunning Courtroom Suite which was used in Doc Martin, and another seven in the Coach House. - the hotel is popular with couples, families and business travellers alike. All rooms are en-suite, have tea/coffee making facilities, Flat screen TVs,. Free Wireless broadband is available throughout the hotel.
Trehellas has a outdoor swimming pool (open Mid May to September), lovely gardens, a large patio area and ample free parking for hotel guests and diners.
The AA 1 Rosette Restaurant, located in the Old House, offers a delicious selection of superb, locally produced dishes & steaks classically and simply cooked to bring out maximum flavour. The restaurant is open to residents and non-residents with dinner orders taken between 6.00 pm and last orders 8.30 pm. Breakfast is served in the conservatory overlooking the gardens and Pencarrow woods. Our menus feature fish from Newlyn or St Ives, meat from local Cornish farms.