Abbot's Hall Weddings
Museum of East Anglian Life, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 1DL, Stowmarket, Suffolk
Price from £2000 Up to 180 guests
Our Prices Are From:
- £2000 per event
Info about Abbot's Hall Weddings
Abbot’s Hall is a Grade 2* listed Queen Anne Style house. Built in 1709, it was known within the town as ‘The Big House’
Abbot’s Hall Barn dates back to the 13th Century and is the oldest building on site and (along with Abbot’s Hall) the only building original to the site. The timber structured medieval tithe barn is Grade 2* listed.
Abbot’s Hall is located on the 75 acre site of the Museum of East Anglian Life. The museum is a registered charity,(no.293033) social enterprise and an independent Museum. Committed to preserving East Anglian history, the proceeds from Abbot’s Hall Weddings will be reinvested into the Museum, helping it to become sustainable and ensuring future generations can learn about and cherish our heritage. We also support underprivileged members of the community through our volunteering and training schemes.
Abbot’s Hall Weddings engaged the services of award-winning Suffolk wedding planner Marie Clarke in 2015.
Marie launched Weddings for you by Marie at the start of the 2014 wedding season and is rapidly growing a fantastic reputation. She was a finalist in two regional categories of the Wedding Industry Awards 2015 (Best Wedding Planner and Best Newcomer) and she was over the moon to win the award for Best Newcomer in the East of England.
Marie has more than 20 years’ experience working in the hospitality sector, coordinating weddings, events, meetings, charity balls and international conferences for private independents and international groups.
• One of the unique wedding reception venues in East Anglia
• Picturesque location within the 75 acre grounds of the Museum of East Anglian Life
• Traditional high tensile marquee can seat up to 180 guests for a sit down meal
• The gardens and grounds provide picture perfect opportunities for the most memorable photographs, creating memories that last a lifetime.
• Option of adding thirteenth century Abbot’s Hall barn to the wedding package for the evening reception
• Unique location offers picturesque surroundings in a secluded countryside setting, but is just 5 minutes walk from the town centre, churches and registry office.