I bring a fresh approach with an interactive performance and fully tailored set list to match your occasion, theme and age group. I am told my great strength is my forward planning and my ability to read the audience mood and get a good feel for their preferences. This means I can easily adapt the music as I go along so everyone has a great time; myself included! I have pages and pages of great feedback from happy customers and people regularly use the word "STAR" in their reviews which means everything to me. They also comment on the warmth in my vocals and the engaging use of a crate of props and fun musical instruments to create great memories. The essence of what I do is INTERACTIVE FUN but I can also croon in the corner for quieter functions.
Joanne Vardy• 8 Jun 2019
Wendy is a fantastic performer who goes beyond to provide exactly the event you are looking for. She has an eye for detail and is open and approachable. She has responded quickly to all correspondence with a friendly and professional manner. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her and will be looking to book with her again in the future. Our event was enjoyed by all and with such a diverse age range this was no mean feat!!! Well done Wendy.
Robert Garwood• 15 Jun 2019
What a fantastic evening's entertainment by Wendy, everyone was absolutely enthralled by her choice of music and exuberant personality, all took part in everything she performed, with all the additional props she brought to make a night to remember. I would have no hesitation to recommend Wendy to any other group/organisation for a really lively and fun evening. Very many thanks and Warm wishes to Wendy, I'm sure we will see you again.
Wendy Strange• 7 Jun 2019
The whole evening was a huge success and Wendy was brilliant. I would definitely recommend her and the way she had everyone singing and dancing was amazing.
She even joined in the dances and managed to get people up who doesn't usually get up. The songs were very apt so was the stunning effects.
Wendy made a very good night feel special, as the D-Day celebration should've been.
Martyn• 27 Jun 2018
"Thank you so much for fantastic entertainment and being so lovely. Our members really enjoyed themselves and didn’t stop talking about it.
I'm very much looking forward to working with you in the future"
Ian• 16 Sep 2018
Thanks again for joining us today. Your performance brought 'life' to our station, and was well received. I get the impression that a number of our lads, have now joined me among the ranks of 'Wendy Fans!
- What's the most important thing about performing?Understanding the organiser's goals and getting a feel for what the audience likes; adapting as I go along.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?I have performed at weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries and other special occasions, social functions, office parties, masonic functions, corporate events, theme nights...in fact, most occasions you could think of. I particularly love events for the Over 40s, over 50s, over 60s, over 70s as I particularly love the 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s. I also have a wealth of experience in older persons entertainment and am a dementia friend. I tend not to do teenage parties or 18-30 party nights.....although kids and families like me because of all the fun props and hats I bring along.
- What makes you [Wendy] unique?Before I took to the stage, I used to be a Business Analyst and Project Manager in the I.T. industry so I have a rare set of skills [Performing Arts coupled with Business Consulting techniques] and these help me get a good understanding of your event and requirements. Because being a business consultant wasn't the happiest job for me, you will find I am extra-passionate about music because I am now doing something I love and was born to do.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have two quality p.a. systems, one corner unit with a small footprint for smaller audiences and one huge baby for large functions and outdoor gigs. I have some simple lighting and special effects too, although not a synchronised laser show or anything really elaborate!
- What are the highlights of your career?Getting a standing ovation at my very first gig. Seeing a grumpy audience member roll his eyes as I went up to the microphone but then I had him clapping and jigging about with glee by the end of the first song. Surprising a very famous footballer with my Hoax Singing Waitress act. Singing "Feed the Birds" in my Mary Poppins dress whilst performing my Julie Andrews Tribute Act and, one by one, all the little kiddies came up and sat with me on the stage; a cheesy but beautiful moment. Singing train-themed songs on the platform of a traditional scenic railway station as the trains pulled in and out. Doubling for Victoria Beckham in the Spice Girls movie!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:An experienced performer offering memorable and themed entertainment; all tailored to suit your preferences and occasion.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?No breaks necessary for one or two hour gigs, unless the organiser requests a break for buffet, speeches, raffle, etc. For a three hour gig, I would normally take one 30 minute break. For a four hour gig, two 15-20 minute breaks.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Most likely, as long as I can get a backing track in time.
- Who are your previous clients?Lots of people's parties, from birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Bygone festivals, vintage tea parties, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s events and so on. People who organise Theme Nights and Nostalgic Festivals. Christmas parties, Brides and grooms, Masonic lodges, companies like Nature's Way Foods, Garmin, BAE Systems, Virgin and the Princes Trust ball. I also have regular work in Day Centres and love doing tea dances and Memory Lane type events.
- How much space do you require?I don't need a stage, just enough space to stand and twirl around a little - although, if there is a stage, I may make use of it. For audiences of up to 75 people, I just need a small corner to place my Bose L1 compact unit, maybe space for a small suitcase which contains all my props, tambourines, etc. For larger audiences, I will need space to accommodate one or two tripod style speaker stands and a small table with space underneath for the small case.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, I carry Public Liability Insurance. All my equipment has been PAT tested just recently.
- How long do you play for?I perform for as long as the client requires, usually between one and four hours....and I don't just pack up and go at the allotted time if the party is in full swing and people want me to stay!
I perform themed music so each show is unique and the set list will be put together to suit the audience and event; mainly 20th century music but some hits of today too.
I also perform the following ...