Lead by Victoria's stunning vocals, Ward Smith have been together for over 5 years. During this time they have performed for hundreds of couples, individuals, HRH The Prince of Wales and for guests of The Ritz on Christmas Day. Recognised both for their incredible talents and experience, their corporate clients include Coca Cola, Harrods, Garnier, BMW, Henley Royal Regatta, The Four Seasons, Microsoft, Paypal, Virgin Atlantic, Goodwood and Blenheim Palace.
Ward Smith specialise in weddings, parties, dinners, festivals, networking events, exhibitions and product launches. The duo met via mutual friends in London, going on to form Ward Smith through their shared passion for live music.
Individually, both are experienced full-time professional musicians who have performed on shows such as BBC Radio One Live Lounge, The Graham Norton Show, Good Morning America and venues such as Wembley Arena. At the end of 2019 Victoria's voice was featured on the trailer for the Season 5 Finale of The Affair.
This experienced duo can tailor their varied repertoire and performance style to your occasion. Their versatility in terms of instruments, line-ups and songs allows them to cover everything from low key background and stunning acoustic ceremony performances, to upbeat parties and evening wedding receptions.
If you're looking for something low key - this duo will provide truly stunning ceremony music or perfectly pitched background music. For 'something for everyone' type events they have an extensive song list spanning a range of genres and decades.
As well as performing as a duo, they have the flexibility to perform as an acoustic trio, quartet or five piece - adding other musicians including bass, acoustic drums and keys/piano player. For parties and evening receptions, the band transforms to fully electric...the acoustic guitar is switched up for an electric and the drummer plays with full kit.
Looking to simplify booking music for your wedding? Book the duo earlier in the day and they can be joined by other members of the band to kick off your evening reception as a fully electric (and fully electrifying party band). A great option to simplify both your planning and take advantage of a great discount.
Services From Ward Smith
Acoustic Trio - 3 x 45 Minute Performances
Live Duo - 2 x 45 Minute Performance
Special Request Song For Special Occasion Via Video (Birthday/Wedding/Anniversary)
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Acoustic duo Ward Smith combines Victoria's stunning vocals with Charlie's brilliant musicianship to perform an eclectic range of pop, soul, jazz and rock.
- What are the highlights of your career?Being asked to perform for The Ritz on Christmas day, performing for HRH The Prince of Wales and our annual residency for VIP hospitality at Henley on Thames. For Vic, specifically: her song Back To You being used on the season 5 finale trailer for The Affair. For Charlie specifically: performing as George Ezra's guitarist on his last arena tour and for his performance at The Royal Albert Hall.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our genuine passion for music comes through in every performance. We're two dedicated musicians who absolutely love what we do. We love being invited to celebrate people's most important occasions. Besides that it's our unique sound, our eclectic repertoire and the 5 years of experience that we bring to every gig.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We specialise in weddings, drinks receptions, wedding ceremonies, evening wedding receptions, corporate parties and events, product launches, festivals, networking events, conferences, cocktail receptions, birthday dinners, birthday parties, PR events, garden parties, summer parties and BBQs.
- Who are your previous clients?Our previous clients include: The Ritz, Harrods, Coca Cola, Garnier, Microsoft, Paypal, Henley Royal Regatta, The Four Seasons, Belnheim Palace, Goodwood, Black Rock Capital, Unilever, The Shard, Arsenal FC, Bain Capital, BNY Mellon, Boston Consulting Group, BMW, Aston Martin, The Mandarin Oriental, IMG Media, Sky Garden, Shoredich House, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Holidays, Boots, Stoke Park Club, The Royal Navy, The Royal Airforce, The Army, UKTV and Scotts.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Event planners may be offered 7 day credit terms. Please enquire.
- How long do you play for?2 x 45 minute performances 2 x 60 minute performances 3 x 45 minute performances 4 x 45 minute performances 8 x 20 minute performances
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Our quotes include full PA. We also own a battery powered PA for events such as outdoor ceremonies (this needs to be specifically requested when booking).
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?This depends on the band line-up. We're masters of fitting into tight spaces. If you're in any doubt just ask!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Wedding ceremonies and evening wedding receptions include learning one song free of charge. For all other bookings songs can be learned especially for you for a fee (depending on the band line-up you choose).
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?2 x 45: a break of between 15 minutes - 1 hour 2 x 60: a break of between 20 minutes - 1 hour 3 x 45: two breaks of between 15 minutes - 45 minutes 4 x 45: three breaks of between 15 minutes - 45 minutes
At Last – Etta James
Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
Say You Won’t Let Go – James McArthur
Yellow – Coldplay
All of Me – John Legend
How Long Will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones
Hello – Adele
What a Wonderful World – Nat King Cole
Teardrop – Newton Faulkner/Massive Attack
Perfect – Ed Sheeran
Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
Wildest Moments – Jessie Ware
Make You Feel My Love – Adele
Royals – Lorde
Wings – Birdie
Just Like A Star – Corrine Bailey Rae
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
Dream A Little Dream – Mammas and Pappas
Use Somebody – Kings of Leon (live lounge chilled version)
Your Song – Elton John
Moon River – Audrey Hepburn
Stand By Me – Ben E King
I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
Ho Hey – The Lumineers
Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
All About That Bass – Meaghan Trainor
Son of A Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
Sunday Morning – Maroon 5
Hallelujah I Love Him So – Ray Charles
Say A Little Prayer - Aretha Franklin
Better Together – Jack Johnson
Everywhere – Fleetwood Mac
Don’t Look Back In Anger – Oasis
Diamonds – Rhianna
Kiss Me – Sixpence None The Richer
Cheek to Cheek – Eva Cassidy
Don’t You Worry Bout A Thing – Stevie Wonder/John Legend
Umbrella – Rihanna (live lounge chilled version)
The A Team – Ed Sheeran Summertime – Ella Fitzgerald
Dock of the Bay – Otis Redding
Don’t Look Back In Anger – Oasis
Riptide – Vance Joy
Put Your Records On – Corrine Bailey rae
Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
Killing Me Softly – Lauryn Hill
L-O-V-E – Nat King Cole
Moondance – Van Halen
Next To Me – Emile Sande
Fly Me To The Moon – Frank Sinatra
Crazy – Ceelo Green
Summertime – Ella Fitzgerald
Wonderwall – Oasis
Stay With Me – Sam Smith
Valerie – Amy Winehouse
Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
Faith – George Michael
Kiss – Prince
Shotgun - George Ezra
Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
Stuck in The Middle – Stealers Wheel
No Diggity – Blackstreet ft. Teddy
Hard Day’s Night – The Beatles
New Rules – Dua Lipa
Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars
Roar – Katy Perry
Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
Mr. Brightside – The Killers
We Are Family – Sister Sledge
You Got The Love – Florence and The Machine
Never Too Much – Luther Vandross
Upside Down – Dianna Ross
We Found Love – Rhianna
Stand By Me – Ben E. King
Jumpin Jack Flash – The Rolling Stones
Happy – Pharell Williams
Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
Lovely Day – Bill Withers
Marry you - Bruno Mars
Treasure – Bruno Mars
Rather Be – Clean Bandit
Ignition – R Kelly
Summer of 69 – Bryan Adams
I Kissed A Girl – Katie Perry
Castle On The Hill – Ed Sheeran
Signed Sealed Delivered – Stevie Wonder
Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan
I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
Sweet Home Alabama – Lynrd Skynrd
500 Miles – The Proclaimers
Hit The Road Jack – Ray Charles
Get Into The Groove – Madonna
I Want You Back – Jackson Five
Rehab – Amy Winehouse
American Boy – Estelle
Price Tag – Jessie J
Get into the Groove – Madonna
Superstition – Stevie Wonder
These Words – Natasha Beddingfield
Blame It On The Boogie – Jackson Five