Edinburgh-based Viper Swing plays hot string jazz: infectious rhythms, joyful improvisations, and gravelly vocals blend to evoke the swing-era spirit of the 1920’s, 30’s, and 40’s. Whether on a festival stage or at an intimate cocktail reception, the band sets toes to tapping, hips to swaying, and hearts to singing. Years of dedication and consummate artistry shine through every note they play. Their repertoire includes works of the legendary gypsy jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt, songs from the Great American Songbook, and original compositions—along with swing arrangements of modern pop songs (Michael Jackson, Abba, and Daft Punk, to name a few). They perform regularly in Edinburgh and around the UK. Past performances include Edinburgh Jazz Festival, Kelburn Garden Party, Edinburgh International Film Festival, Northern Roots Festival, Lindisfarne Festival, Callander Jazz Festival, Dundee Jazz Club, Garioch Jazz Club, several TV appearances, and an ongoing Sunday residency at the Edinburgh Sheraton Hotel for the past 6 years.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a fun band that will bring a touch of class and elegance to your special day.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We offer special rates for weekday gigs.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?All events ; weddings , corporate and festivals
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer or cash on the day
- How long do you play for?Usual set is 2 one hour sets, but we can play for longer on request
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have top of the range PA and lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?3 meters by 2 meters
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can learn song on request
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one break. 15/30 minutes
i can t give you
lady be good
it don t mean
after you ve gone
all of me
on the sunny
Money money get lucky Sir Duke Billie Jean King swingers
Could you be loved
Stompin at the Sheraton
Everybody loves my baby
stomping at decca
Stompin at the savoy
Le Vie En Rose
i found a new baby