My name is Mike Francis and I have been a Professional DJ for more than 25 years! My career started in the night clubs of Manchester and has since blossomed into a profession that has given me the opportunity to work at numerous high-end venues across the North West. VIP is simply my brand name.
The prestigious Gold Level DJ Mark Award has been the recognition of my efforts through 3 decades and my professional approach to every single party. If I had to sum up my performance in a single phrase that would be “Keep the dancefloor packed”
I use dancefloor classics, build from more downtempo songs early on to hands-in-the-air floorfillers by the end of the night! Above all, I know what works well and I create natural, fun and unforgettable parties!
Many DJs think that their job is to steal the show. Not me. It’s YOUR special night and YOU and your guests are the centre of attention. My approach is 100% “cheese-free” so don’t expect any inappropriate shouting over the mic!
I take great...
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have masses of sound and lighting equipment and rigs can be scaled up or down to suit the venue and your budget. So simply choose a design you love, then check our availability and we'll provide a quote within hours!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have full Public Liability Insurance (PLI) to the value of £10 million. Certificate available upon request. All of our equipment is Portable Appliance Tested (PAT) annually by a test engineer. All of our equipment carries a green pass sticker, and our PAT certificate is available upon request.
- What style of music do you offer?I don't limit requests, so you can pre-request as many songs as you like before your party, in fact the more the merrier! That way we will play the music you WANT to hear at your event. This is good because it not only gives us great songs to play for your guests but also an idea of your musical tastes. One thing you should know though; we’re firm believers of only playing music that is suitable for the dancefloor. We’ll cover the following genres of music; funk, soul, Motown, disco, party tunes, and more contemporary styles such as R&B, current pop, and commercial dance.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?CHOOSE AND CUSTOMISE THE PLAYLIST: You and your guests can add YOUR FAVOURITE TRACKS to my playlist and have a party 100% tailored to your taste. Isn’t that refreshing! I'll send you a password to my online playlist planner as soon as you book.
- Do you do open-air acts?A new concept in partying, we give you all the class and style of a top city venue - right in your back garden or marquee. Your night, your guest-list, your club.
- What is your personal mixing style?Like most music enthusiasts, I like to let the music speak for itself, without any knob twiddling, scratching or fancy moves. I am not a fan of effects, and believe EQ is something best saved for adjusting to the acoustics of the space. I am a fan of mixing in key, beat-matching, seamless segues, and knowing when to play tracks all the way through, leaving in those familiar intros and outros that crowds love. Answer by VIP Owner DJ Mike Francis.
- How would you define your “style” or approach to providing DJ entertainment?My presentation is polished and understated, marked by artistic mixing and a professional “cheese-free” approach to announcements and microphone work. Many DJs think that it is their job to put on a show and be the center of attention at the reception. I believe firmly that your party is your show, and I have no interest in taking the spotlight from you. Your dance floor will be packed, but it will be because I selected just the right songs from my own and your request list and mixed them in just the right sequence - not because I chattered endlessly on the microphone or performed like a game-show host.
- Why should we choose you?It’s a question I get asked a lot and it was only recently when a professional party planner really summed it up with "experience, experience and exprience" ...add to that my 100% reliabilty record ...That's why people book and it is why you should too. I'm not above my station and I simply provide music, a sound system, lighting and enthusiasm and make sure it is on time, safe and fun.
- How long does it take you to setup your equipment?We always arrive well before the start of your event to get setup and organised. Usually we give ourselves 60 minutes to setup the disco, however, we can setup in under an hour if required. Additional services, such as uplighting, do require extra setup time, so we would arrive earlier to allow for this. If you do require us to setup in a limited time, just let us know and we will do our best to work within the time constraints. At the end of the event, we usually have everything out within 45 minutes; however, additional services, such as uplighting, may take longer to pack down and load out.
REVIEWS FROM OTHER PLATFORMS :: We’re new to Poptop so it will take us a while to build up some reviews, meanwhile here’s the latest handful. And you’ll find 100’s more (verified) endorsements on the ...