Up and Running Ceilidh Band and Caller are the best Ceilidh or Barn Dance outfit in the South West! We play exciting toe-tapping folk on traditional instruments - and Joy, our caller will have everyone dancing the night away. We love what we do and we come with all our own equipment - no event is too small or too big for us. You will find us enthusiastic, friendly, and above all, sensitive to your particular requirements. We can provide mics for your speeches and our PA is available for your choice of prerecorded music.
- How much space do you require?3M/10ft by 2M/6ft would be a minimum. More is definitely better!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one half-hour break, though it really depends what you want.
- How long do you play for?Anything up to 4 hours with a break in the middle.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We play the best of traditional dance music from Britain and Ireland. With our wonderful Caller, Joy, on board, we alternate dances with instrumental tunes - all through our own state-of-the-art sound system. We'll play for as little as you like, or as much as you like, with a break in the middle. We're very sensitive to the particular needs of your event - just talk to Dave Squirrell, the Mandolin player.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Because there are only four of us (including the Caller) our prices are very affordable, we bring all our own equipment, and that means that our sound system is available to you for your own special music to playback - or speeches.
- What are the highlights of your career?We have played many many wonderful events over the years. Highlights have to be The Tolpuddle Marty's Festival, TWO weddings for family members, and of course, our regular spot at the Glastonbury Festival.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We usually ask for a deposit in advance. Planners can pay in cash or by BACS transfers or cheque in advance.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We usually serve Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Community events.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA - not lighting.
We play a mixture of Jigs, reels, waltzes, slip jigs, and polkas, with sometimes airs for instrumentals.
We have wide repertoire and if you'd like a particular tune we'd be more than happy to add it ...