We started our journey as a group of 16 drummers and fire spinners gathering together in early 2019. Since then Unsaeli has continued to grow as a performance group and bring a mixture of ancient Scottish folklore (with our character of dark Fae - the Unseelie), awesome drum beats, and enchanting fire performance.
We have performed at several festivals and venues around Scotland and England. Our sound takes inspiration from tribal, metal, samba, drum & bass, and anything else that carries a good dance-able rhythm. Where we can, we spin fire staff and poi to add some magic to our tunes, and can do this with LED instead when performing indoors.
We offer a full band of musicians and are sure to make an audience move. Our performances are usually in fae-like costume and we do enjoy some bodypaint to bring the character into it. We have performed at several festivals (Beltane fire festival, Jazz and Blues carnival, Lindisfarne Festival) and create amazing energy that makes people dance.
We don’t require any sound tech for indoor performance (other than ear plugs) and really enjoy noising up a venue. We’d be ideal as a support act to ensure a quick switch to main act and get the audience energy levels up beforehand.
We love to enhance celebrations as well, and can be an alternative kind of wedding band. Our sets can be up to an hour long and really represent joy and excitement.
In short, we are a performance crew of drummers with a lot of skill and awesome tunes. We are hoping to perform more and spread the magic of Unsaeli with our drums, fire and folklore. Get in touch!
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing at the Alnwick Gardens, immediately after the Lindisfarne Festival! A whole weekend of Northumbrian madness... Nothing quite beats the spectacle of rocking our hometown for the Jazz and Blues Parade though ;)
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Outdoor parties, nightclub gigs
- Who are your previous clients?Lindisfarne Festival, The Alnwick Garden, The Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival
- How long do you play for?As long as you want us to ;) Sets are usually 30-45 mins, but can be adapted to clients needs.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No PA needed, and we bring our own fire/LED toys when needed.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Depends if we are spinning fire or not, if not, then about 5x5 meters
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Absolutely! As long as your favourite tune is drums....
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depends on the length of the event - not usually, but if we do, we just take quick ones in between sets
Drums, Fire Spinning, Storytelling