With eighteen years’ experience, Toby Jonas is a South-Hams-based performer with an enormous repertoire, both of songs and genres. Having played in large, horn-heavy swing bands, rock n’roll bands, funk groups and everything in between, Toby Jonas's range is as wide as it is eclectic.
Maybe you’re looking for some jazzy noodling for that more authentic feel to a party, or perhaps you want that special song to accompany you down the aisle – whatever you want, Toby Jonas can provide.
A guitar-teacher, session musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and band-leader, Toby Jonas has the experience, energy and know-how to make your event one to remember. Whether it's reception or dinner music, get-up-and-dance or walking down the aisle, Toby Jonas tailors the music to your needs, from subtle and relaxed to the main event. From Sinatra and the Cole-Porter songbook, to Kings of Leon and the Foos, Toby Jonas's repertoire is as wide-ranging as you need it to be.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Singer-guitarist, both acoustic and electric, bringing a a special feel to that special day.
- What are the highlights of your career?Supporting the likes of the Foos and Oasis.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Having fronted rock, funk, disco, jazz, rock 'n' roll, folk and swing bands, I have not only a wealth of experience, but a wide-ranging repertoire.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, particularly wedding receptions, and small, intimate parties: I am happy to either play in the background or as the main event.
- Who are your previous clients?Though I once worked as an official Jack Daniels musician, my clients are almost always private.
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS
- How long do you play for?Depending on the event, I play usually for two-hour afternoon slots, or longer by negotiation.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes. Whilst my repertoire is wide-ranging, I can play your favourite song - as long as you're aware I'm just one man with a guitar!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depending on the set, I would normally pause for fifteen minutes ever forty-five minutes to an hour, but I do not stop in the middle of people having fun!
- What is negotiable?Pretty much everything! Your happiness is my focus, so let me know what I can do to make your event a special one.
It would be impossible to list every song Toby plays, but this list of artists should give you an idea of his wide-ranging repertoire. And remember, if there's something you want then just say - whate...