‘Tobias your music was fabulous and a everybody loved it. Thank you xxxx’
Tobias is an experienced professional pianist who specialises in solo piano sets with vocals if required, ideal for Wedding breakfast and celebrations. Also available as a duo with drums, or trio with drums and bass.
As well as playing well known songs, Tobias composes his own music and is a specialist in Boogie Woogie piano as well as relaxing piano instrumental music. He can play in a wide range of styles, ranging from chill out background music to a high octane party set.
His CV includes touring with Mungo Jerry for the past 18 years, and Top 40 chart success with Britpop band ‘Rialto’. As well as playing live gigs, Tobias also composes his own music and has released 3 solo albums to date.
Rachael D• June 16, 2018
Tobias, your music was fabulous and everybody loved it. Thank you xxxx
Elizabeth Frisco• Nov. 16, 2019
Crazy talented, engaging and commanding! Five stars from all 10 of us! A perfect addition to our celebration!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Tobias - professional signing pianist
- What are the highlights of your career?3 top 40 hits and an appearance on Top of the pops and TFI Friday with Britpop band ‘Rialto’. Touring with Mungo Jerry for the last 18 years.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?I’m a boogie woogie and rock n roll piano specialist, which is guaranteed to get your feet tapping. I also play percussion and use a looper to provide a live percussion backing (ala Ed Sheehan) I play in a wide range of styles and I can freely improvise, meaning I can adapt the music to meet the vibe. Most guys are restricted to reading back sheet music. I’m professional to deal with, reliable and I always turn up on time.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Wedding breakfasts Wedding parties Retro events Blues and boogie woogie festivals Birthday parties Anniversaries Background music for restaurants, hotels etc
- Who are your previous clients?Numerous wedding couples, hotels, restaurants and festivals
- How can event planners pay for your services?Preferred payment method is via a bank transfer
- How long do you play for?Standard booking is 2 x 45 minute sets, with timings agreed in advance. Alternative arrangements can be discussed to best meet your requirements. Playback music available between sets at no additional charge if you don’t have a DJ. Timings to be agreed in advance and additional charges may be incurred if pre agreed arrangements overrun or the event runs past midnight.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes! High quality 2K EV PA system with Yamaha mixing desk and LED lighting rig
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes! Professional Musician union members with up to date public liability and pat tested equipment.
- How much space do you require?Very flexible and as a solo, duo and trio act we have a much smaller footprint than a full party band.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes of course provided you give us notice
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one break of 30 minutes between sets. Happy to discuss arrangements to best suit your event.
Rock n roll and boogie woogie party set
(Ideal for parties, Wedding celebrations and vintage events)
The Beatles: She’s a woman, I saw her standing there, Get back, Lady Madonna
The Rolling Stones: Satisfaction, All over now, Not fade away
Elvis: Hounddog, Blue suede shoes
Jerry Lee Lewis: Great balls of fire, whole lot of shakin going on
Little Richard: Tutti fruity, Keep a knockin
Geoargie Fame: Seventh son
ZZ Top: Tube snake boogie
Pete Johnson: Swanee River boogie
Albert Ammons: St. Louis blues
Meade Lux Lewis: Honky train blues
Pinetop Smith: Pinetop’s boogie
Big Joe Duskin: Mean old fresko
Muddy Waters: Mojo workin, Baby please don’t go
Little Water: My babe
Long John Baldry: Midnight special, Black girl
Credence Clear Water: Bad moon risin
Status Quo: Mean girl
Eric Clapton: Cocaine
Queen: Crazy little thing called love
Tobias: Boogieman, DJ Blues, Plum Moonshine
George Ezra: Budapest
Piano hits set
(a good crosssection to keep everyone happy)
Set list includes:
Elton John: Rocket man, Your song, Daniel
The Beatles: Blackbird, Norwegian wood, Eight days a week
Coldplay: Fix you, Trouble
George Ezra: Budapest
Simon and Garfunkel: Cecilia, Scarborough fair
The Doors: Light my fire, People are strange
The Stranglers: Golden Brown, Strange little girl
Kraftwerk: The model
Sam Smith: Stay with me
Pharrel Williams: Happy
Tom Odell: Real Love
Clean Bandit: Rather be
Lunch Money Lewis: Bills
Van Morrison: Moondance
Blues Brothers: Everybody, Minnie the moocher
Gary Barlow: Let me go
Back ground chill out set
(Ideal for Wedding breakfasts and events requiring a classy background ambience)
In addition to instrumental versions and mellow treatments of many of the above songs:
Rat Pack: Fly me to the moon, Moonriver
Elton John: Your song, Candle in the wind
The Beatles: Hide your love away, Yesterday
The Rolling Stones: Wild horses, Angie
Coldplay: Trouble, Fix you
John Barry: Midnight cowboy
Elvis: Love me tender, Always on my mind
Simon and Garfunkel: Bridge over troubled water, Scarborough fair
Van Morrison: Moondance
The Doors: Light my fire
Benefits of booking Tobias:
Play back music provided for free between sets, saving you the additional expense of a DJ (dependant on timings, extra charges may be incurred if the event goes over a pre agreed schedule)
Professional and reliable.
Equipment fully pat tested
Full Public liability cover
High quality PA and lights included
Solo act includes live percussion, using a stomp box and a looper (think Ed Sheehan)