Tiger Moth have been around since late 2010. We play a wild mix of world gypsy folk punk, ranging from Balkan to Middle Eastern and Latin to swing, often played at a dizzying speed.... a bass and horn-driven blast of brilliant madness.
They are the world’s primary purveyors of Wiki-core (come and find out!) and can be found gigging across London and the South East. Hold onto your socks.
Services From Tiger Moth
6-piece band with female lead singer
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Tiger Moth are an action-packed gypsy-jazz-folk-world-indie-wiki-rock band, with a bunch of great original tunes and a few well-loved covers to get the room up and dancing!
- What are the highlights of your career?Highlights include playing at Live Expressions Festival and this summer's Magical Festival.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our original songs are not only fun, they also include a wide range of topics from famous historical figures to science facts. And our songs vary widely in musical style, from jazz and folk to Latin and Balkan.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We usually play in music venues in London.
- Who are your previous clients?Paper Dress Vintage in Hackney, Zigfrid von Underbelly in Hoxton, New Cross Inn in New Cross, The Islington in Islington, Jamboree in Limehouse, Live Expressions in Brixton, Magical Festival
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept payment by cash or bank transfer.
- How long do you play for?We play between 45 minutes and 3 hours. If over 1-1/2 hours we need a 15 minute break in the middle.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?No.
- How much space do you require?We need a minimum of 2.5m x 2.5m stage space to fit 7 people, 2 amps, and a drum kit. Estimate a little extra space for monitors and mic stands in the front.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Probably! We know a lot of pop and rock tunes. Just give us two weeks advance notice so we have time to learn it.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If we are asked to play for more than 1-1/2 hours we will need a 15 minute break in the middle.
If a Priest Consults a Doctor
Curve of Your Spine
Love Will Tear Us Apart Again (cover)
South Australia (old sea shanty)
Generic Land Dispute
President Santa Anna
Get Me Out of Here
I'm a Pirate
638 Ways to Kill Castro
Might As Well Live
Black Coffee (cover)
Mad as a Bag of Snakes
F**k the Brexit
Fields of Athenry (folk tune)
No Limits (cover)
Shoot Him Down (cover)
Homage to Catalonia
Salem Witch Trials