We are the Veritable Ceilidh Club - a ceilidh band with a modern twist. Every ceilidh is alive with our fresh sound, traditional Scottish, Irish, Canadian and American music with a mix of old and modern pop tunes. Our experienced caller will make sure all the dancers know every step, perfect for complete beginners at a wedding or an international student Burns Night Supper.
Mark Roberts• Oct. 20, 2019
The veritable ceilidh club performed at our wedding yesterday and they were absolutely fantastic. Very patient calling and the transitions between songs were amazing. Above all they were all nice people and made everything really easy. Would highly recommend hiring these guys and girls.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our USP is the peppering of classic and modern pop music. Our favourites include ABBA, Human League, Avicii and MGMT, however we are more than happy to take requests from clients if they have specific songs in mind.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We cater for weddings, birthday parties, wedding anniversaries, Burns and St Andrews Nights, New Years Eve Parties, graduation balls and any other event where you feel a ceilidh band is necessary.
- Who are your previous clients?We are the resident ceilidh band for the University of Glasgow Vet Society, we have played for many of their graduation balls. We held a monthly ceilidh club at the Grosvenor Hilton in Glasgow's West End which will resume in September 2016.
- How long do you play for?Typically ceilidhs last between 2 and 3 hours, 3.5 hours is our maximum as there are only so many dances we can do before repeating them!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, give us the details in advance and we can accommodate!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We take a 10 minute break every hour, this gives the dancers time to rest too!
Our services include:
Set up of our own PA system (this can be done in advance, before the guests arrive)
Provide microphones for speeches before / after ceilidh
Ceilidh (typical length 2 - 3 hours, as per clients needs)
Use of PA (speakers) for music before / after ceilidh, connects to phone / ipod / etc
We have a wide range of dances:
St Bernards Waltz
Dashing White Sergeant
Military Two Step
Canadian Barn Dance
Strip the Willow
Britannia Two Step
Orcadian Strip the Willow