The Swinging Retros is a 60s covers band, based in north west London. The band is made up of 6 members - 2 vocalists (1 female/1 male), lead guitarist and keyboard player, rhythm guitarist (also does vocals), bass player and drummer. We have performed at all kinds of functions/venues over the years, and also play at charity events throughout the year.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Swinging Retros are a 6-piece band dedicated to bringing the sounds of the 60s to audiences in and around London, with lively and professional performances.
- What are the highlights of your career?The band is composed of members who have toured the UK (including the Royal Albert Hall), Europe and the USA; some of us have played at the 100 Club on Oxford Street, the Variety Club, and have appeared on television.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?The Swinging Retros' hallmarks are our inventive vocal harmonies together with the band's versatile guitarist supported by state-of-the-art technology, to add other instruments and effects.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We have performed at numerous private parties (including weddings and special birthdays), music festivals, pubs and charity balls held at exclusive venues such as Bisham Abbey in Marlow.
- Who are your previous clients?Most recently, we have played for some of the larger charities such as Norwood, the NSPCC and various Mencap groups. We have played for St Luke's Hospice and Haringey Council.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We can send them an invoice, upon receipt of which they can transfer the monies online, or cash on the night.
- How long do you play for?We generally play 2 x 1 hour sets, but we're flexible.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, we have our own PA and lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have Public Liability Insurance and all of our equipment has been PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?We require a space of approximately 20' x 10'.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?As long as we receive the request in advance of the booking, we will endeavour to learn your favourite song for your event. There will be an additional fee for this.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We tend to take a 30 - 45 minutes break between our two sets.
Typical set lists:
1. I Saw Her Standing There The Beatles
2 Do You Wanna Dance Cliff Richard
3. Sugar And Spice The Searchers
4. Bus Stop The Hollies
5. Daydream Believer The Monkees
6. It’s In His Kiss/Shoop Shoop Cher
7. Yes I Will The Hollies
8. Waterloo Sunset The Kinks
9. Please Mr Postman The Beatles
10. On The Beach Cliff Richard
11. The Night Before The Beatles
12. Elenore The Turtles
13. Da Doo Ron Ron The Crystals
14. In The Midnight Hour Wilson Pickett
15. I Should Have Known Better The Beatles
16. My Guy Mary Wells
17. I’m A Believer The Monkees
18. Be My Baby The Ronettes
19. Please Please Me The Beatles
20. You Really Got Me The Kinks
21. Back In The USSR The Beatles
22. Johnny B Goode Chuck Berry
1. Pretty Woman Roy Orbison
2. I Feel Fine The Beatles
3. I Only Wanna Be With You Dusty Springfield
4. Runaway Del Shannon
5. Lazy Sunday The Small Faces
6. Sherry The Four Seasons
7. When You Walk In The Room The Searchers
8. Eight Days A Week The Beatles
9. No Matter What Badfinger
10. Brown Eyed Girl Van Morrison
11. Happy Together The Turtles
12. Mustang Sally Wilson Pickett
13. Sunny Afternoon The Kinks
14. Can’t Buy Me Love The Beatles
15. Maybe I Know Lesley Gore
16. Proud Mary Tina Turner
17. Let’s Twist Again Chubby Checker
18. It Won’t Be Long The Beatles
19. Route 66 Chuck Berry
20. Do You Love Me The Contours
21. Twist & Shout The Beatles
22. Hi Ho Silver Lining Jeff Beck