The Stowes are a Celtic Music trio from Cornwall, who play a powerful mix of Cornish, Irish and Scottish folk music. Armed with traditional acoustic instruments, they can deliver a driving, energetic performance whilst retaining the traditional sound and feel of folk music. With a scintillating blend of high energy folk songs, rousing sea shanties and buoyant instrumental arrangements, The Stowes can be sure to get any crowd going.
The trio of Calum, Tom and Kevin have been performing together since 2012, but it has only been in the last 3 years that the band has gained traction, with 2018 being the first year that all members have been able to commit on a full-time basis. Both Calum and Tom have served for over 10 years in the Merchant Navy and that combined with the trio growing up in the port of Padstow has shaped a sound with a strong maritime and Cornish identity.
With a full-bodied combination of Piano Accordion, Bouzouki, 5 string banjo and Stomp Box, The Stowes are on a m...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Foot Stomping Celtic Music
- What are the highlights of your career?Representing Cornwall at the Maine Celtic Festival in the US.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are able to reinvent Cornish and Traditional Music and present it in the mainstream.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Festivals, Birthdays, Weddings, Corporate events and Cultural events.
- Who are your previous clients?Bcause, RNLI, Numerous hotels and festivals
- How can event planners pay for your services?By Cash, Cheque or Bank Transfer
- How long do you play for?2 x 50 minute sets are standard
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Approx. 4 x 2 metres.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We do our best to accommodate requests however not everything is possible on our selection of instruments.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Standard is 1 break of 20 minutes.
- Do you provide a ceilidh option?Yes, we have our own dedicated caller who comes with to teach the ceilidh dances.
Whiskey in the Jar
Dirty Old Town
I’ll tell me Ma
The Craic was 90
The Wild Rover
When the Boys come Rolling Home
Leaving of Liverpool
Farewell to Carlingford