Well hello, and a big warm welcome from The Shoes.
We are a wedding and function covers band based in Essex and Suffolk. Bookable for weddings, private functions, corporate and charity events, we pride ourselves on offering entertainment that appeals to everyone. We also play occasionally at pubs and bars around Essex and Suffolk, so come and see us if you would like to hear more.
The Shoes are an up-front, feel-good band featuring two lovely ladies sharing lead vocals; Linda McNeill and Sue Paradine, an additional male vocalist Neil Fenn (bass), and the talented musicians Sean Maynard (keyboard), Paul McLean (guitar) and Darren Springall (drums). Formed in 2008, the band are a popular choice for weddings, parties and sporting events. We are fully self-contained carrying our own state of the art PA and lighting.
The band is extremely versatile and performs the best in pop, rock, rock n’ roll, disco, soul and funk, We play a selection of the biggest party/feel-good hits from the 50s to the present day and boast an extensive repertoire.
You can choose a selection of songs from our song list or trust us to skilfully create a playlist that is designed to fill the dance floor and keep it full all night long. As part of our service we are happy to learn a first dance or special song especially for your wedding or event.
As standard, The Shoes:
• Offer live music that will satisfy the entire audience.
• Play up to 2.5 hours of live music, provide music during breaks and all your disco requirements.
• Are able to offer an optional acoustic set during dinner/drinks if required.
• Come self contained with a state-of-the-art sound and lighting.
• Supply the essential ‘feel good factor’ for your wedding night, event or function and make it a night to
• Are professional, completely reliable, punctual, well dressed and will behave appropriately for your
• Are experienced at working with pro venues. We will set up quickly and discreetly – no need for lengthy and
noisy sound checks.
• Are insured (£2million public liability insurance) and all equipment is safe and PAT tested (a standard
requirement by many hotels and other venues).