Tom Rust is the original “Rat Pack Singer”. He was the first to coin this phrase as a way of paying tribute to this particular era of music, however rather than imitate the greats, Tom performs his own interpretations of the songs with his own accessible charm. He has a similar sound to Frank Sinatra, fused with more contemporary vocalists such as Kurt Elling and Jamie Cullum.
In addition to his voice, Tom’s other “instrument” is the Tenor Sax, and he is also an experienced Wedding DJ! Bring all his musical skills together, and you have the complete package.
Tom’s vocal talent was recognised when he won a special award at the Ventnor Jazz Festival. He has performed at all types of parties and venues, right from the helicopter pad on a super yacht in the UAE, to a more intimate charity event in his local pub. Some of his proudest moments have been performing in the VIP suite at the Beijing Olympics, the Bobby Moore Suite at the FA cup final at Wembley and in Monaco for the 2016 Grand Prix. He also sold out at the Royal Albert Hall with his jazz trio at the renowned Ignite series of concerts.
Tom performs as a solo artist or as part of a band. He works with some superbly talented musicians providing various sizes of bands, right up to a 32-piece orchestra. So you can choose according to your requirements and budget.
Not only will you have a stunning performance at your wedding or party, but you will also benefit from Tom’s wealth of experience and understanding in what it takes to create a successful event. He can assist with all your sound requirements, from using his own PA equipment up to providing full production for large scale stage productions.
As mentioned, Tom is also an experienced wedding DJ, AND he plays the Tenor Sax! You can book any or all of his musical services, individually or together.
Services From The Rat Pack Singer
Solo Performance - 2 x 45 Minutes
Tom Rust With Trio - 2 x 45 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Rat Pack era, jazzy high quality singer
- What are the highlights of your career?Singing at the VIP area of Beijing Olympics, being signed to 'Mo Wax' records.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?I have alot of experiance
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Corporate and private events
- Who are your previous clients?Visa, British Airways, Kempinski hotels, Clarins, Dunhill, Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai, Grand Hyatt Hotel Dubai, Westin Hotel Dubai, Virgin, Kit Kat Club in Kuala Lumper, Gran Melia Salina Avda in Lanzarote, The Grand Marina Hotel at the World Trade Center Barcelona, Villa Lucia in Tuscany, Council of Europe residence in Strasbourg, Chateau de Bagnols, Palme Music Festival at Indochine at Clark Quay in Singapore, Singapore Expo, Dubai World Trade Centre.......
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank Transfer, Cash, PayPal and Credit Card payments
- How long do you play for?Depends on client requirements.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Depends on size of band required
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?yes
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depends on client requirements.
- What style of music do you offer?American song book, jazz standards. Old school soul
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?yes
Great American Songbook
Available solo to backing tracks, with a pianist, jazz trio up to orchestra. Performances worldwide at many high profile events you can be assured of a high quality act.