We are The Newtonians; an acosutic duo comprising two vocalists and multi instrumentalists. We play great songs from all decades, with warmth, humour and fun. We have great audience interaction and are often rebooked for private events, parties and any occasion where a fun atmosphere is needed.
Adam Jeffries, Events Unlimited, Staffs• June 19, 2019
Our client wanted a vocal duo, with a ukulele(!) to entertain their staff during dinner at their annual conference. We thought we'd struggle to find one until we found you. Our client was over the moon as his guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves and had a great night. See you in Birmingham chaps!
David Letts and Peter Willis, Amersham, Bucks.• March 3, 2019
The Newtonians played for us at our wedding after our booked band cancelled last minute. They were great fun and can really play! The fact you were able to provide a disco for us too saved us a lot of stress and hassle. I hope you enjoyed the champagne! Have recommended you to our friends.
Susie Pellingham, Burton Latimer, Northants.• Dec. 3, 2018
"Many thanks chaps for making my 50th wedding party a success. Everyone loved the music and you got everyone singing along! Well done. Hope to see you again soon.
Services From The Newtonians
Newtonians Duo - 2 x 45 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a crowd pleasing acoustic duo, playing great songs with harmonies, fun and feeling.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have a hug repetoire of songs which we can tailor to just about any event.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, parties, company events, end of year festivities, Christmas parties
- Who are your previous clients?Too many to mention!
- How can event planners pay for your services?In cash, cheque or by bacs.
- How long do you play for?As long as we're required!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, 3m GBP public liability cover and all equipment is PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?Typically 3m x 2m, within 30m of a plug socket.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We'll give it our best shot!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Typically 10-15 mins per hour of playing.
- Are you available last minute?We tend to book quite far in advance, but we have been know to turn out the same day, on occasion.
Thinking out load Ed Sheeran
Budapest George Ezra
Waterloo Sunset Kinks
Homeward Bound Simon & Garfunkel
Harvest Moon Neil Young
Angels Robbie Williams
Pretty Woman Roy Orbison
It must be love Madness
Please, please let me get what I want Smiths
Sweet Caroline Neil Diamond
Dirty Old town Pogues
Baby it’s you Beatles
Only You Yazoo
I’m a believer Neil Diamond
Dedicated follower of fashion Kinks
Sweet caroline Neil Diamond
Sit down James
Crackilin’ Rosie Neil Diamond
Return to sender Elvis Presley
Urban spaceman Bonzo Dog Band
Ain’t no pleasin’ you Chas & Dave.
Hallelujah Leonard Cohen
I feel fine Beatles
Cecilia Simon & Garfunkel
Say hello, wave goodbye Soft Cell
Sunny afternoon Kinks
Big yellow taxi Joni Mitchell
Hey laura Gregory Porter
God only knows Beach Boys
Norwegian Wood Beatles
Your song Elton John
Straycat Strut Straycats
Dedicated follower of fashion Kinks
Half the world away Oasis
Cum on feel the noize Slade
Hey good looking Hank Williams
Hit the road Jack Ray Charles
Stand by me Ben E King
Tracks of my tears Smokey Robinson
You’ve got a friend James Taylor
Walking after midnight Patsy Cline