The Man from Funkle
The core of The Man from Funkle are a versatile four piece consisting of vocals, guitar, bass and drums.
Based in Bristol & Somerset, this well established band has been delighting audiences in venues all over the country for over 15 years now.
Their repertoire is extremely broad and varied: modern pop and rock, disco and funk, soul and R’n’B. Guaranteed to keep everyone strutting their stuff on the dance floor!
A top party band... A great occasion whatever your event:
Weddings, Birthday Celebrations, Corporate Parties, Charity Events,
Functions, Student Balls, Festivals... & much more!
With a solid foundation in both experience and talent, plus their unique
funky groove, the band are just what you'd expect.
A thoroughly professional show with a little bit extra...
Louise Gregory• Oct. 25, 2017
"Glow Corporate Events and Group Travel Agency, Bristol.
""Steve and the band are fantastic! We have used them for many of our bookings, including the
director's wedding! Book them!
They will make your guests very happy and dance like wild things!!
Antony Feasey• Dec. 12, 2016
"St Margaret's Somerset Hospice
Many thanks for your note, yes the ball went really well – we have raised just short of £15k
which is brilliant.
Testimonial as follows:
‘Another brilliant night with Funk Bus, just the right sound, mix and set for our charity ball. The
guests wanted them to play all night!
Thanks for your totally professional and slick performance and also for working so well with us
as a charity on the night’.
Deputy Director of Fundraising
St Margaret's Somerset Hospice"
Eddy Nassar• Aug. 31, 2016
"The 7 Seas, Columbia Plaza, Limassol, Cyprus.
You guys are one of the TOP bands we have ever brought to our Venue and absolutely love you
guys. It has been 4 years since the first time you played at the ""7 Seas"" and we have you over
in Cyprus at least once a year to do a residency, every time you leave everyone wants you
back the next day.
The Man From Funkle is a band that always delivers and has never disappointed, the band is
extremely tight and play as one, they work together and match perfectly. Its always music to
our ears when we hear them perform the latest hits just as they become popular on Radio. To
us most importantly is that you all have great personalities both on stage and of and that
makes it very easy to work with you constantly time and time again.
We are looking forward to your next gig here in Cyprus at our Club the 7 Seas and Miss you all
Keep doing what you do best , ROCK the place like no other band does !!!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A versatile experienced band that will keep everyone on the dance floor!
- What are the highlights of your career?The Man from Funkle have been entertaining audiences internationally for over 15 years. Recently being the first band to ever play in the Shard. Returning 5 times to The Seven Seas, Limassol, Cyprus Cardiff International Arena Wayne's, Nice, France
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?The Man from Funkle are very versatile. Offering a compact 4 piece line up to a full 8 piece with a brass section for that real Soul/Funk sound. Covering a plethora of popular music styles from modern pop through classic Funk, Disco, Soul & R & B to Rock. The band is known for it's unique funky twist that keeps everyone on the dance floor, young or old!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Corporate events, Parties & much more....
- Who are your previous clients?Many clients including: St Margaret's Hospice, British Aerospace, BBC, Bristol University, Exeter University, Marriot Hotel, Hilton, Butlins, Pontins, Haven, Columbian Shipping, Birmingham NEC, Deloitte, Royal Bank of Scotland, Halifax, Master Card, King's College Taunton Somerset, Hype Party Planning, Glow Events, Warwick Corporate Events, Newt Beer Festival, EE, King's School Bruton Somerset, Somerset Cricket Club.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Directly to our band account or cheque or cash, whichever is convenient.
Groove is in the heart - DJ Spiller
Groove jet - Sophie Ellis-Bexter
That’s the way - KC & the Sunshine Band
Turn on, tune in & cop out - Freak Power
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
I wish - Stevie Wonder
Signed, sealed, delivered - Stevie Wonder
Play that funky music - Wild Cherry
Sex machine - James Brown
Soul power - James Brown
Get up offa that thing - James Brown
I feel good - James Brown
Disco inferno - The Trammps
Car wash - Rose Royce
Ain’t no stoppin’ us now - Mcfadden & Whitehead
Lady Marmalade - Labelle
Blame it on the boogie - Jackson 5
Don't stop till you get enough - Michael Jackson
Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
Beat it - Michael Jackson
Thank you - Sly & the family stone
Le freak - Chic
Good times - Chic
Jungle boogie - Kool & the Gang
Celebration - Kool & the Gang
Tainted love - Gloria Jones
Starsky & Hutch - JTQ
To hard to handle - Black Crowes
We are family - Sister Sledge
Another brick in the wall - Pink Floyd
Cosmic girl - Jamiroquai
Lost in music - Chic
He's the greatest dancer - Chic
Ain’t no other man - Christina Aguliera
You can leave your hat on - Etta James
Young hearts - Candi Staton
Aint no sunshine - Bill Withers
Soul man Sam & Dave
Ring of fire - Kid named Miles
Little piece of my heart -Beverly Knight
Rescue me - Aretha Franklin
Son of a preacher man - Dusty Springfield
These boots are made for walking - Nancy Sinatra
Monkey man - Toots & the Maytals
Nutbush city limits - Tina Turner
Sunshine of your love - Spanky Wilson
Come together - The Meters
Sissy strut - The Meters
Get lucky - Daft punk
She said - Plan B
Happy - Pharrell Williams
Rolling in the deep - Adele
Price tag - Jessie J
Harder to breathe - Maroon 5
Forget you - Ce Lo Green
When I'm alone - Lissie
Let us be loving - Alice Russell
Seven nation army - Alice Russell/Ben L'Oncle
I got a woman - John Mayer
You got the love - Florence & the Machine
Moves like Jagger - Maroon 5
Not fair - Lily Allen
Don’t upset the rhythm - Noisettes
Never forget you - Noisettes
Sex on fire - Kings of Leon
Poker face - Lady Gaga
Fire - Kasabian
Starlight - Supermen Lovers
Great DJ - Ting Tings
That’s not my name - Ting Tings
Take me out - Franz Ferdinand
In the hospital- Friendly Fires
Take your moma out - Scissor Sisters
American boy - Estelle
Beggin’ - Madcon/Frankie Valli
Mercy - Duffy/The third degree
I kissed a girl - Katy Perry
Place your hands - Reef
I predict a riot - Kaiser Chiefs
Rehab - Amy Winehouse
Cupid - Amy Winehouse
Back to black - Amy Winehouse
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
I’m no good - Amy Winehouse
Uprising - Muse
Come as you are - Beverly Knight
Mr Brightside - Killers
Misirlou - Dick Dale & the Deltones
Whole lotta love - Led Zeppelin
Rock n Roll - Led Zeppelin
Don’t stop me now - Queen
Are you gunna go my way - Lenny Kravitz
Who are you - The Who
All right now - Free
Fell in love with a boy - Joss Stone
Feeling good - Muse
Come away with me - Nora Jones
Maniac - Michael Sembello
Teardrops - Womack & Womack