The Italian Wedding Car Company
For wedding car hire, our beautiful 1972 Alfa Romeo Berlina. Berlinas were manufactured between 1968 and 1977 in Milan, Italy. Whilst the external dimensions are modest by contemporary standards, the car was considered an executive saloon in its day and can transport 4 adults in comfort. The latter makes it ideal for the bride and groom who want Italian style without the girth of a limousine style wedding car!
The car is based in NW London but can be used across SE and Central England. The car can be dressed with ribbons/bouquets in a colour of your choice - the photographs are intended to be indicative only and we will accommodate all reasonable requests. Single or multi-journeys can be undertaken pre-ceremony if required e.g. to collect bridesmaids. If the wedding and reception are at the same venue, we will happily take the bride/groom for a short drive post ceremony. We are also happy to take other guests for a short drive, once other formalities are complete.
[For avoidance of doubt, the Berlina is not available for post-event taxi duties or other wedding related events e.g. hen/stag nights.]
- Type of vehicles?Our wedding car is a 1972 Alfa Romeo Berlina 2000.
- What is included in the wedding package?- Vehicle dressed as agreed with ribbons/bouquets etc and driven by liveried chauffeur - Transport of bridal party from agreed location to wedding service venue - Transport of newly weds from wedding service venue to reception venue - Short round trips for other guests once all formal duties are complete (by prior arrangement)
- Is the car chauffeur driven?Yes
- Is there a minimum rental time?Yes - 2 hours.
- Is there a maximum rental time?No
- Are there any additional services?We will happily take other interested guests out for a short round trip in the car once formalities are completed.
- Do you charge per hour or per event?Per hour.
- Is it OK to consume food and drink in the car?Bottled water may be consumed in the car, but otherwise, regrettably, no. Whilst the Italian Wedding Car Company appreciates the joy of a 'tipple' in transit, the risk to the car's light green upholstery is unfortunately too high to allow the consumption of champagne, chocolates etc. We are more than happy however to incorporate a discreet pit-stop if a 'stiffener' is required :-)
- Can you transport members of the wedding party or other guests to hotels, airports etc once formalities are complete?Unfortunately not. This is classified by the authorities as a taxi service and requires an entirely different set of licences / insurances.
- Can we book the car for our hen / stag night?No, the car is for wedding day usage only.
- Is the car available for weddings on the Isle of WightYes. We would obviously need you to cover the ferry costs, but otherwise 'island' weddings are welcomed.
- Can you safely accommodate child-age bridesmaids / page boys in the car?Yes, we have a Group 3 child car seat and a booster seat for use by under-12s, but please note the FAQ regarding food and drink consumption.
- Will the rear seat area accommodate a traditional bride's wedding gown?This will obviously depend on the exact nature of the gown, but please bear in mind the Alfa is a conventional 4 seater saloon and clearly won't have the legroom of, say, a Rolls Royce limousine. We will happily provide you with detailed measurements and photographs of the interior prior to booking should you have any concerns in this regard.
Single or multi-trip wedding car hire.