The Flying Dishrags
We are The Flying Dishrags, a Hampshire based four piece ceilidh band. Featuring a flexible instrumental lineup, we bring our own energetic, innovative style to folk music and dance, making for a unique ceilidh experience!
We started playing together in 2014, with the University of Southampton Folk Society. Over the last two years we have played in countless sessions and ceilidhs with the society, learning new tunes together and arranging sets in original ways. Now playing as a standalone band, we continue to build on that background, creating more personalised sets and arrangements, and making each performance unique!
We specialise in private functions such as weddings and birthday parties, but we also perform publicly. Alongside the band, we also provide a caller with your booking, as well as full PA if required.
Our equipment is fully PAT tested, and we are covered under Public Liability Insurance.
- What are the highlights of your career?Every gig we play is special
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We specialise in private events such as weddings and birthday parties.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have a fully PAT Tested PA, and can arrange lighting if your booking requires it.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes!
- How much space do you require?Enough for four musicians, caller and a small PA.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Have a word with us, and we'll see what we can do.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually play two sets of about an hour each, but of course this varies from event to event.
A range of popular English ceilidh dances are provided, including but not limited to ...
Cumberland Square Eight
Boston Tea Party
and, of course, Strip the Willow!
We can also provide Scottish material if the gig requires it.