We are an experienced and lively 4-piece Ceilidh Band - (dreary folk not allowed - only the best folk tunes in our opinion!) The band consists of fiddle, fiddle/recorde, banjo/mandolin/guitar/vocals, bass guitar & dance caller/guitar/mandolin. We play foot stomping lively folk music from the British Isles, Europe and the Colonies ~ fer a dancin and a prancin - all kinds of fun easy dances, guaranteed to bring all generations together at Weddings, Festivals, Parties etc
Pamela capel• June 7, 2019
The band were excellent music great and friendly nice people .I would definitely recommend Fairgeen .
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Ceilidh or barndance fun and frolic on the dancefloor.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing a midnight Ceilidh in Norwich Cathedral & Headline on the acoustic stage at Trunchonbury Festival.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Lively music and dance executed by quality musicians.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Birthday Parties, Anniversaries, Festivals, Corporate, Village Events, Food and Drink Events, Burns Night
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank Transfer
- How long do you play for?We do 2 called ceilidh dance sets, each about 75 minutes long with a 20 to 30 minute break in between. We can also play background instrumentals from the trad folk repertoire.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We use quality sound equipment - RCF ART715iA or RCF 12in speakers, Allen Heath mixer and various lighting from Equinox and ADJ.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes up to 10,000,000 and PAT tested equipment.
- How much space do you require?The space we require is about 3m x 10m
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Given enough notice we'll consider learning particular tunes - it would depend on the complexity.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?20 to 30 mins between 75 minute ceilidh sets.
All the usual dances: Strip the Willow, Dashing White Sergeant, Galopede, Buttered Peas, Cumberland Square 8 - Grande Chain, Sausage Machine, Gay Gordons, Boston Tea Party, Bridge of Athlone - a large varied repertoire to suit any occasion.