The Charlton Blues Kings are a 6 piece Rhythm and Blues band from Gloucestershire, England who serve up vintage, up-tempo, good-time music from the 50’s Chicago Blues of Muddy Waters and Little Walter, to the West Coast Jump & Swing Blues of T-Bone Walker, Jimmy McCracklin and William Clarke.
Formed in 2010 by Guitarists Tim Evans and Ade Miller together with Harmonica maestro Adam Pritchard, the Blues Kings have built a reputation throughout Gloucestershire for their authentic sound, stellar musicianship and entertaining performances, the latter courtesy of charismatic and energetic front man Tony Berry. Backed by the highly experienced rhythm section of Paul Holder (Drums) and Ed Miller (Upright Bass) the Blues Kings quickly dispel any preconceptions that the Blues is a slow, mournful form of music. Their music is all about dancing, drinking and having a good time.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If playing for 2.5 hours we would usually take two short 15 minute breaks. For example, playing from 9pm to Midnight we would usually split our sets up like this: Set 1 (45 minutes), Set 2 (45 minutes), Set 3 (1 hour)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?With prior notice we can rehearse to play a particular tune if required.
- How much space do you require?We can fit into quite a small space if necessary. Our front man usually likes to be out with the crowd.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?No
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes to both
- How long do you play for?Anywhere between 1 and 2.5 hours. 2.5 hours is usually over 3 sets
- How can event planners pay for your services?By cash or cheque or bank transfer
- Who are your previous clients?Cheltenham Jazz Festival, Montpellier Summer Festival, The Stable Restaurant, Harry Cook Free House, Gloucester Brewery, Smokey Joe's Coffee Bar, Stroud Brewery, Stroud Ale House, The Crown & Sceptre (Stroud), Winchombe Conservative Club, Winchcombe The White Hart etc.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Trendy bars, private parties and blues & jazz festivals.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?A uniquely entertaining front man, metronomic rhythm section, twin guitars and exceptional harmonica
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing the Cheltenham Jazz Festival in 2017
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Charlton Blues Kings are a 6 piece blues band from Gloucestershire with a reputation for fun, energetic performances of authentic Chicago, West Coast and Jump Blues.v
We are able to provide all our own equipment including P.A. and lights.