Described by The Cheltenham Jazz Festival as a "five-piece Rhythm 'n' Blues powerhouse", The Charlton Blues Kings from Gloucestershire, England serve up vintage, up-tempo, good-time music from 50’s Chicago Blues to West Coast Jump & Swing. With charismatic entertainer Tony Berry at the helm, and backed by a talented line up of musicians the Blues Kings quickly dispel any preconceptions about the so called 'devil's music'. If it's an evening of dancing, drinking and having a good time you're after then look no further.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Described by The Cheltenham Jazz Festival as a "five-piece Rhythm 'n' Blues powerhouse", The Charlton Blues Kings from Gloucestershire, England serve up vintage, up-tempo, good-time music from 50’s Chicago Blues to West Coast Jump & Swing.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If playing for 2.5 hours we would usually take two short 15 minute breaks. For example, playing from 9pm to Midnight we would usually split our sets up like this: Set 1 (45 minutes), Set 2 (45 minutes), Set 3 (1 hour)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?With prior notice we can rehearse to play a particular tune if required.
- How much space do you require?We can fit into quite a small space if necessary. Our front man usually likes to be out with the crowd.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?No
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes to both
- How long do you play for?Anywhere between 1 and 2.5 hours. 2.5 hours is usually over 3 sets
- How can event planners pay for your services?By cash or cheque or bank transfer
- Who are your previous clients?Cheltenham Jazz Festival, Montpellier Summer Festival, The Stable Restaurant, Harry Cook Free House, Gloucester Brewery, Smokey Joe's Coffee Bar, Stroud Brewery, Stroud Ale House, The Crown & Sceptre (Stroud), Winchombe Conservative Club, Winchcombe The White Hart etc.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Trendy bars, private parties and blues & jazz festivals.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?A uniquely entertaining front man, exceptional harmonica playing and stellar guitar The Charlton Blues Kings will dispel any pre-conceptions you may have about the Blues.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing the Cheltenham Jazz Festival in 2016, 2017 and 2019
We are able to provide all our own equipment including P.A. and lights.