The Bootleggers, Thirsk
Not Your Average Acoustic Duo
The Bootleggers (Dave Manson & Nathan Wade) are an acoustic duo with a unique style and sound performing toe tapping, foot stomping covers of many classic songs and never failing yet to provide quality entertainment.
Using guitars, stomp drums, harmonica, kazoo & the lads’ crowd stopping, harmonising vocals, The Bootleggers perform tracks from: Kenny Rodgers, Johnny Cash, Radiohead, Rag’n’Bone Man Paolo Nutini, Rolling Stones, Avicci, Gloria Gaynor, Dolly Parton and many many more.
They really do perform an eclectic set list that can be up y to 3 hours long and whilst you can never please everybody all the time, The Bootleggers come pretty damn close!
Since teaming up in 2015 The Bootleggers have performed at pubs, clubs, festivals, Birthdays, Weddings and more across Yorkshire & the North East as well as performing live on local radio.
Nigel Druery• 2 Oct 2018
These guys know how to entertain, tap into the crowd and love what they do. Not your basic 2x45min offering. Book them!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Not your average acoustic duo offering exceptional value and high quality entertainment.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing to several hundred people at Thirsk Bonfire night 2016 and Thirsk Christmas Fair 2017 Recording an releasing a single and EP with the band The Baffled Kings 2017 Performing live on radio Acknowledgement on social media from artists such as The Rumjacks, Amy McDonald, Peter Andre and the legendary Kenny Rodgers! Something pretty special in the pipeline for 2018 which we can not divulge at this stage for contractual reasons... ;-)
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our unique style and version of some classic songs such as I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor. The willingness to learn new songs if requested either before hand or even during the gig itself! The length of our set and exceptional value for money. Our passion for providing great music and entertainment for great prices rather than hiking up the prices because it's a wedding or other event.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Pubs, clubs, festivals, weddings, party's. Crowds ranging from a dozen to several hundred.
- Who are your previous clients?Too many to list as we have been performing on average twice a week every week for over 2 years.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Paypal BACS Cash
- How long do you play for?Up to 3hrs (sometimes longer if the crowd are up for it!)
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. Our PA system is good for up to a couple of hundred people.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?We have played in spaces of around 8ft square but the more space the better obviously.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Part of what makes us unique is that we will ALWAYS strive to learn new songs prior to the event with enough notice and will often try out new songs live when requested during our gigs!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We cater to YOUR needs. We can either play right through (unless nature calls) or we can take breaks through the set. It's your event and we are here for your entertainment.
1. Have a Nice Day – Stereophonics
2. Mr Rock & Roll – Amy McDonald
3. Copperhead Road – Steve Earl
4. Graveyard – Devil Makes Three
5. Good Riddance – Greenday
6. Bring it on Home – Sam Coo...