The Blarney Roses are a traditional Celtic ceilidh and concert band.
Available as a 2-6 piece band, at budgets to suit. Available for weddings, festivals, parties and special events (Paddy's Day, Burns' Night, New Year's Eve, St George's Day etc...).
With origins in British and Irish traditional music, and a love of folk music and songs, the core band members have years of experience across the South West.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Folk/Ceilidh Band with established caller if required.
- What are the highlights of your career?Andrew James has called at Purbeck Valley Folk Festival, Folk on the Quay, Wessex Folk Festival and Wimborne Folk Festival.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our caller also plays the accordion. We have musicians with years of professional experience, including major festivals.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, festivals, birthdays and special occasions.
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS in advance or cash on the day.
- How long do you play for?We usually play for 2 sets of 45 minutes to an hour.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We can provide PA and some basic lighting.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We're always happy to look at special requests. There may be an additional cost for this service.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Ideally we'd need a 15-30 minutes break between sets.
Ceilidhs (including Irish and Scottish elements)
- sample dances include: Virginia Reel, Circassian Circle, Strip the Willow, Gay Gordons...
Themed music evenings/concerts - Irish, Scottish...
- sample Irish songs include: Wild Rover, Tell Me Ma, Whiskey in the Jar...
- sample Scottish songs include: Flower of Scotland, Auld Land Syne, Mairi's Wedding...
DIY Wedding Discos also available...