The Beats bring an eclectic set full of songs for everyone, ranging from Motown classics to modern day chart toppers. Their mix of female lead and male backing vocals, guitar and drums, their energetic live performances and their own little spin on well known songs will leave guests fighting for space on the dance floor! Not only are they talented musicians, but they are also good friends, which shows not only in their live performance but off stage too.
With a constantly growing repertoire of songs, The Beats are always looking to provide the best night possible and will always take the event in mind when choosing their set. With a great experience of every type of event from big to small, The Beats know what it takes to make your night special, from bar to barn, coffee shop to corporate, first dance at your wedding to last dance of the night - The Beats can do it all!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A highly experienced and professional function band who cater for all events.
- What are the highlights of your career?Supporting Blondie in Somerset House in London and being part of a BBC Introducing band.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We tailor our product to any event or occasion and are are able to deliver a bespoke package to suit the client. Having the option of additional members to expand the band and enhance the event as well as top quality equipment to ensure a high end product every time.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Corporate Events & Parties (Birthdays, Engagements etc.)
- Who are your previous clients?Hundreds of Married Couples, Prosecco Festivals (JR Events), Trimline UK, National Wedding Awards, DVLA, Wales Online Community Awards just to name a few.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank Transfer, Paypal, Cash.
- How long do you play for?We usually provide any of the following set lengths: 1 hour, 2x45minute, 2x1hour or 3x40minute.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?8ft x 6ft
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually its one break if we play two sets, two if there are three sets. We usually have a minimum of 15mins but we are happy to discuss specific requests.
- Do you take requests?We do offer a live First Dance in our Wedding Package which we will learn for your special day. We will also send out a DJ request list for you to return with any songs you would like to be played as part of our DJ Service on the night. Unfortunately we do not take live requests, only a pre arranged First Dance.
Sample list from full repertoire:
Adele – Rolling in The Deep
Amy Winehouse – Valerie
Aretha Franklin - Respect
Blondie – Heart Of Glass
Bob Marley – Could You Be Loved
Bob Marley – Is This Love
Bruno Mars – Treasure
Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
The Cardigans – Lovefool
Cee Lo Green – Forget You
Coldplay – Adventure of A Lifetime
The Contours – Do You Love Me
Dan Hartman – Relight My Fire
Daft Punk – Get Lucky
DNCE – Cake by The Ocean
Dolly Parton – 9 To 5
Donna Summer – Hot Stuff
Dua Lipa – New Rules
Earth, Wind and Fire – September
Elton John – I’m Still Standing
Etta James – Something’s Got A Hold on Me
Florence And The Machine – You’ve Got The Love
Frankie Valli And The Four Seasons – December ’63 (Oh What A Night)
George Ezra – Paradise
Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive
Jackson 5 – Blame It on The Boogie
James Brown – I Got You (I Feel Good)
Justin Timerlake – Can’t Stop the Feeling
Katy Perry – Chained to The Rhythm
KT Tunstall – Black Horse and The Cherry Tree
Lionel Richie – All Night Long
Maroon 5 – Moves Like Jagger
Maroon 5 – Sugar
The Monkees – I’m A Believer
Pharrell Williams – Happy
The Pointer Sisters – I’m So Excited
Robbie Williams – Kids
Robin Thicke – Blurred Lines
The Ronettes – Be My Baby
Sia – Chandelier
Sia – Cheap Thrills
Stevie Wonder – Signed Sealed Delivered
The Temptations – My Girl
Tina Turner – Proud Mary
Toploader – Dancing in The Moonlight
The Weeknd – Can’t Feel My Face
Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance with Somebody