This is a sixties Soul Band called 'The All Night Workers'.
The Masters of Memphis Soul!
They are a nine piece soul band (three brass) formed in 1966 who played many London clubs and venues around the country, supporting acts like Jimi Hendrix, Geno Washington, Edwin Starr etc.
These days they can be found playing at some of the more popular London music venues such as The Southern Belle (formerly The Greyhound) Fulham, The Half Moon Putney, The Bull's Head Barnes, The Cavern Raynes Park and The Crawdaddy festival Richmond. They frequently work on the South Coast around the Bournemouth area.
You can also hear two of the tracks that the band recorded in the late 1960s- Rock Is Here To Stay and Tell Daddy (which is in the current set list) on a CD which was recently released.
A great band for parties and other events - people love to get up and dance to this band.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Masters of Memphis Soul - You just have to get up and dance to these tunes you all know
- What are the highlights of your career?In their heyday The All Night Workers shared bills with other known bands including: Herbie Goins & The Night Timers; The Jimi Hendrix Experience; The Pretty Things; Diane Ferraz with The Checkmates; Chris Farlowe & The Thunderbirds; Savoy Brown Blues Band; The Carl Douglas Set; Amen Corner; Jo Jo Gunne; Geno Washington & The Ram Jam Band; Marmalade; The Temptations; Cliff Bennett & The Rebel Rousers; The Crazy World of Arthur Brown; Ike & Tina Turner; Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band; Elton John; Long John Baldry; Bluesology; Freedom; Small Faces; Wilson Pickett; Grapefruit; David Essex; The Easybeats... ...to name but a few! Throughout the sixties, they played many a worthy venue including: Bag O’Nails; the Starlight Ballroom in Greenford; Tiles, London; Ram Jam, Brixton; Flamingo, Soho; California Ballroom, Dunstable; Upper Cut, Forest Gate; The Hop, Welwyn Garden City; Starlight Ballroom, Crawley; Parke Davis Social Club, Hounslow; Uncle’s, Ashford; Wallington Public Hall; Civic Hall, Dunstable; Dorking Halls, Surrey.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?9 or 10 piece Soul Band with three piece brass section offering competitive rates - We love what we do!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Clubs, Ballrooms, Festivals and all corporate and private events including (but not limited to) Birthdays, Weddings, Christmas parties, Anniversaries, Office events etc - If you need to celebrate, we supply the atmosphere.
- Who are your previous clients?Private, Corporate and Public Events (see other sections for full details)
- How can event planners pay for your services?Negotiable. Down payment required
- How long do you play for?Negotiable. Can play up to two hours, but generally 2 x 45 minute sets with break in the middle.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?PAT Tested equipment
- How much space do you require?Enough space for 9 members of the band to stand and to include one drum kit, one keyboard, amps and speakers = smallest area would be no less than 10 feet by 6 feet (3 metres by 2 metres). The band have been known to squeeze in a smaller space when necessary.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?No
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Negotiable if hired for the evening/day
SWEET SOUL MUSIC
HOLD ON I’M COMING
HIGHER AND HIGHER
WHO’S MAKING LOVE
CAN’T TURN YOU LOOSE
THINGS GET BETTER
WHEN SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY BABY
TURN ON YOUR LOVELIGHT
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL
STOP HER ON SIGHT
TOO HARD TO HANDLE
WALK IN MY SHADOW
KNOCK ON WOOD
DON’T FIGHT IT
PEOPLE SURE ACT FUNNY
WATCH THE RIVER FLOW
SOME KINDA WONDERFUL