Services From Blonde & Beyond
Typically perform over 2 x 1 hour sets.
I tell the story of Blondie's rise to international mega-stardom, through the first set featuring well-known and iconic Blondie tracks from the late 70's through to today.
In the second set I feature songs from other well-known artists and bands with blonde (and previously blonde) vocalists including (but not only) Elle King, Duffy, Fleetwood Mac, ABBA, The Primitives, Transvision Vamp, Dolly Parton, Eurythmics, Dusty Springfield, The Police, Ellie Goulding and even bands like The Sweet and Black-eyed Peas (when Fergie was blonde). So my audiences get the best of both worlds.
Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:
Solo act featuring tribute to the hits of Blondie tribute, in 1st set, followed by a second set of covers by a wide variety of blonde/predominantly blonde vocalist (female, male or band)
What kind of events do you usually serve?
Pubs, clubs, parties, festivals
Who are your previous clients?
eg: New Inn Pub(Buckingham); Little Harrowden Working Mens' Club, Kettering Athletic Working Mens' Club
How long do you play for?
2 x 1 hour sets (plus up to 3 encores if required): 1st set features the songs of Blondie, from 1978 to 2017, and in the 2nd set I cover a wide range of songs by female, male or bands with blonde (or predominantly blonde) vocalists.
Do you have your own PA and lighting?
Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?
How much space do you require?
Enough space for 2 pull-up stands, 2 speakers, microphone stand and table required for PA, which is run independently by sound person.
My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?
If we can locate the backing track, from our system, and I know the song, I should be able to play it.
How many breaks do you take? How long are they?
1 break of between 10 - 20 mins unless longer or shorter specified by the venue
1st Set - Blondie Tracks include:
- Rip Her To Shreds
- In the Flesh
- Touched by Your Presence, Dear
- Picture This
- Sunday Girl
- Hanging on the Telephone
- Heart of Glass
- One Way or Another
- Pretty Baby
- Union City Blue
- Call Me
- The Tide is High
- I Want That Man
- Long Time
2nd Set : Other Tracks include (but not all featured here):
- Songbird / Don't Stop / Dreams / Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
- Love you Like I Do - Ellie Goulding
- Mamma Mia / Waterloo - ABBA
- Jolene - Dolly Parton
- Son of a Preacher Man / I Only Want to Be With You - Dusty Springfield
- Roxanne / Every Breath You Take - The Police
- Modern Love - David Bowie
- Fox on the Run / Wig Wam Bam - Sweet
- Ex's & Oh's - Elle King
- Kids in America - Kim Wilde
- Budapest / Blame it On Me - George Ezra
- Crash - The Primitives
- Baby I Don't Care - Transvision Vamp
- A Little Respect - Erasure
- Summer of 69 / Run to You - Bryan Adams
- Creep - Radiohead
- I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
- Mercy - Duffy
- Sweet Dreams are Made of This - Eurythmics
- Robert de Niro's Waiting - Bananarama
- Don't Speak - Gwen Stefani (Band: No Doubt)
Other Services: Interval Music / After Gig 'Disco' run by Terry Haley