Swing Train 42
Swing Train 42 is a swing/gypsy jazz trio that covers classic Django tunes and jazz standards with the unlikely instrumentation of mandolin and guitar. Whether you are looking for a bit a background music or some upbeat swinging grooves for your summer parties or special occasions, you will find them an unusual little treat!
Featuring experienced jazz guitar player Andrea Vergani, gypsy swing/bluegrass mandolinist Vivian Li and jazz double-bass player Chris Hyde-Harrison, Swing Train 42 will bring a unique sound and atmosphere to your event.
WE ARE ALSO AVAILABLE IN DIFFERENT FORMATS
- QUINTET 42 FEATURING VOCALS, 2 GUITARS, MANDOLIN, DOUBLE-BASS
- QUARTET 42 FEATURING CLARINET, GUITAR, MANDOLIN, DOUBLE-BASS
- SWING TRAIN 42 guitar duo
Nathan Brooker• Aug. 3, 2019
Swing Train 42 were fantastic at our wedding reception. They were very professional and played brilliantly. Andrea was really helpful and nice to deal with. Highly recommend.
Ginny Clover• Feb. 23, 2019
From start to finish, Andrea was really helpful, staying in touch and talking about my party plans. My friends loved their music - it created a really relaxed vibe. I had hired a room in a pub in Chelsea and when they started playing, I could tell the room livened up! They looked so smart too, in black tie, and added a really special live music feel to the event. Thanks, Andrea and Jonas! Ginny
Cherry Parker• Oct. 5, 2018
Wonderful band, pitch perfect and professional with large and flexible repertoire. Also excellent communication. Would definitely invite them back!
Lawrence• Dec. 8, 2018
Swing train 42 are a real pleasure to have them paying at your event. Their music is really entertaining which makes you stop from what you do and watch them playing. All the band’s members were really friendly and pleasant to deal with. I will consider hiring their service again in future.
Lizzie Curle - Backyard Cinema• Nov. 13, 2018
After enjoying their music at The French Corner, we booked Swing Train 42 after for a repeat slot at our Christmas venue. Across our six week run Andrea and the gang delivered excellent performance after excellent performance. With a mix of upbeat gipsy swing and jazz, Swing Train 42 created an awesome atmosphere that got everyone dancing. I would thoroughly recommend Swing Train 42 as they were an absolute pleasure to work with, alway professional and awesome musicians. 10/10!
Cheryl & Roger• Sept. 29, 2018
After a bit of online research we took the plunge and booked these guys to play as a quartet (vocals, guitar, double bass & clarinet). I was a bit nervous booking a band I hadn't seen play live but they were every bit as good as their show reel and friendly, helpful and professional to boot. We've had many compliments about our party and the atmosphere the band helped create. Thanks so much - highly recommended!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Swing Train 42 is a unique take on Django Reinhardt's tradition, exciting gypsy jazz and swing played with mandolin and guitar.
- What are the highlights of your career?We are proud to have played at many private events and weddings, as well as being currently running a few long time residencies in London venues.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We offer a special lineup inclusive of mandolin, very quick setup, many different lineup options up to quintet.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, private parties, corporate events functions.
- Who are your previous clients?French Corner, Mercato Metropolitano, Prince N16, Old Eagle Pub, Hatch Homerton, Bucks County Museum, many private clients for private functions.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept payments via bank transfer as well as through pop top.
- How long do you play for?2 sets of 45 mins, 1 set of 45/60 mins, 3 sets of 45 mins
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We perform using our individual amplification.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have Public Liability and PAT certificate.
- How much space do you require?We don't take much space, we will only require enough space for 2 armless chairs and one standing person with doublebass.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Request tunes can be discussed in advance.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We take at least 1 break between 2 sets, it can be from 15 mins to 30 mins maximum.
All of Me
After you’ve gone
Lady be good
There will never be another you
Sweet Georgia Brown
Out of nowhere
Swingtime in Springtime
It had to be you
I can't give you anything but love
La Vie en Rose
The Godfather Theme
Sunny Side of The Street
Exactly Like You