Swing Train 42
Swing Train 42 is a swing/gypsy jazz trio that covers classic Django tunes and jazz standards with the unlikely instrumentation of mandolin and guitar. Whether you are looking for a bit a background music or some upbeat swinging grooves for your summer parties or special occasions, you will find them an unusual little treat!
Featuring experienced jazz guitar player Andrea Vergani, gypsy swing/bluegrass mandolinist Vivian Li and jazz double-bass player Chris Hyde-Harrison, Swing Train 42 will bring a unique sound and atmosphere to your event.
WE ARE ALSO AVAILABLE IN DIFFERENT FORMATS
- QUINTET 42 FEATURING VOCALS, 2 GUITARS, MANDOLIN, DOUBLE-BASS
- QUARTET 42 FEATURING CLARINET, GUITAR, MANDOLIN, DOUBLE-BASS
- SWING TRAIN 42 guitar duo
Nathan Brooker• 3 Aug 2019
Swing Train 42 were fantastic at our wedding reception. They were very professional and played brilliantly. Andrea was really helpful and nice to deal with. Highly recommend.
Roberto Cavalli• 13 Jan 2017
"We had a Russian party at our showroom, the ""swing Train 42"" were very organised with exceptional performance! Our guests were impressed and enjoyed the evening! Will definitely book them again and recommend them to other companies for private parties!"
Cherry Parker• 5 Oct 2018
Wonderful band, pitch perfect and professional with large and flexible repertoire. Also excellent communication. Would definitely invite them back!
Rebecca• 23 Jun 2018
We had Swing Train 42 to play at our wedding and they were fantastic! Their music is wonderful and really helped to create a fun and relaxing atmosphere for our drinks reception outside in the sun. Many of our guests commented on how good the music was and the whole band were extremely friendly on the day, as well as Andrea being so easy and pleasant to deal with when arranging things before the day. Thank you so much! We would definitely recommend Swing Train 42 to anyone!
Lily• 20 Jul 2018
Swing Train 42 performed at our company's summer party this year. The music was brilliant and the atmosphere created was very warming. Throughout the process of organising the band was efficient and friendly. Great work - thank you!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Swing Train 42 is a unique take on Django Reinhardt's tradition, exciting gypsy jazz and swing played with mandolin and guitar.
- What are the highlights of your career?We are proud to have played at many private events and weddings, as well as being currently running a few long time residencies in London venues.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We offer a special lineup inclusive of mandolin, very quick setup, many different lineup options up to quintet.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, private parties, corporate events functions.
- Who are your previous clients?French Corner, Mercato Metropolitano, Prince N16, Old Eagle Pub, Hatch Homerton, Bucks County Museum, many private clients for private functions.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept payments via bank transfer as well as through pop top.
- How long do you play for?2 sets of 45 mins, 1 set of 45/60 mins, 3 sets of 45 mins
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We perform using our individual amplification.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have Public Liability and PAT certificate.
- How much space do you require?We don't take much space, we will only require enough space for 2 armless chairs and one standing person with doublebass.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Request tunes can be discussed in advance.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We take at least 1 break between 2 sets, it can be from 15 mins to 30 mins maximum.
All of Me
After you’ve gone
Lady be good
There will never be another you
Sweet Georgia Brown
Out of nowhere
Swingtime in Springtime