Steve Christie is a versatile pianist, able to play literally thousands of songs and pieces of music. He can play Pop, Jazz, Classical, Blues, Boogie Woogie, TV Themes and can also play entire sets of audience requests. He has played on the Venice-Simplon Orient Express, for clients such as Sir George Martin, Cameron Mackintosh, Brian May, and many others.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Versatile Pianist with huge repertoire, able to play in any style for any occasion.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing aboard the Orient Express, for The Spitfire Sisters on tour, and at Air Studios, London for Sir George Martin.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?I am able to play anything I have heard, and able to weave medleys together as people give me requests. I can also play every single Beatles song ever written.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Corporate, Private Functions, Drinks Receptions, Product Launches
- Who are your previous clients?Venice-Simplon Orient Express, Belmond British Pullman, Rolls-Royce, Gilette, Esso, Dock Gate 4, Incognito Winchester, Hilton Hotels etc
- How can event planners pay for your services?By Bank transfer - I use an online booking system that handles invoiving etc.
- How long do you play for?2 x 45 mins max
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Not for Piano work. I will only play if there is a piano (acoustic or electric) at the venue and it is in good working order and in tune to approximately A=440 concert pitch.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?As a pianist - the space of a piano - approx 2m x 2m As a duo 3m x 2m As a trio + female singer 4m x 2m
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, I can play anything provided I have heard it.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?In a 2 set gig, I take one break for 30 mins usually, but can space breaks out differently, i.e. 3 x 30 min sets with breaks in between across 2 hours (max)
Sample American Songbook/Jazz Set:
Too Darn Hot
I'll Be Seeing You
A Fine Romance
Don't Get Around Much Anymore
30 Is A Dangerous Age, Cynthia
Baubles, Bangles and Beads
Hymn To Freedom
I Wish I Knew