Speakeasy Bootleg Band comprises 3 x horns:- Trumpet, Trombone, Sax, Guitar, Bass and Drums, plus Vocals (6 in all). SBB plays Vintage Swing, Jive and Gatsby era music specialising in the wedding, function and corporate markets, as well as having a substantial public profile. We are not merely a transient "product" that will be gone with the next breath of fashion, but a highly popular and entertaining band with personality, that is here to stay, and a track record to prove it
Katrina B• 21 Oct 2017
Just wrote on your page to say what a fantastic evening we had! Everyone said you guys were amazing and we loved you thank you again!!! - Katrina B (Wedding at Thornton Manor, Wirral)
Paul W• 12 Nov 2016
Everything we wanted and more. PW (Wedding at Liverpool Maritime Museum)
Hannah & David• 12 Oct 2016
Thank you so much for your help in organising the Speakeasy Bootleg Band for the wedding. They were amazing - I had so many comments about how good they were and so many guests asking who they were and where we found them. We couldn't have arranged a better band without your help and the guys were brilliant on the night. Hannah & David (Wedding at Sefton Park Palm House)
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?There's nobody else like us
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Speakeasy Bootleg Band plays Vintage Swing, Jive and Gatsby era music specialising in the wedding, function and corporate markets, as well as having a substantial public profile. We are not merely a transient "product" that will be gone with the next breath of fashion, but a highly popular and entertaining band with personality, that is here to stay, and a track record to prove it
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We would take one break between each set, generally not less than 20 mins.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Generally yes, subject to the tune being suitable for Speakeasy Bootleg Band instrumentation (i.e, we would struggle with synthesised music or sampled beats). Should the particular tune require formal arrangments and associated rehearsals, then this would obviously incur additional cost on an individual basis.
- How much space do you require?Generally 5 metres (15 feet) wide by 3.3 metres (10 feet) deep.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability insurance carried and all equipment PAT Tested
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Fully self contained with powerful, high quality PA. Lighting usually not required.
- How long do you play for?Generally 2 x 1 hour or 3x 45 mins or any combination thereof.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cheque or bank transfer (account details available on request
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Parties, Corporate events, Product Launches, Business Fairs, Beer Festivals, or just a stonking good night in the pub........ and pretty much any event where customers want our kind of music.
Impossible to give a definitive list, as it extends to hundreds, but it regularly includes the following, or we can do 1920s Louis Armstrong/Gatsby type music:-
There will Never Be Another You - J...