We are an excellent covers band playing tribute to Mod, Indie, Ska and Britpop classics. Sound Effects take you on a musical journey through the rich history of British pop sub culture.
Expect a high-quality live performance from us! We are an experienced and energetic self-contained 5-piece band and a night of upbeat crowd-pleasers will guarantee to have everyone on the dance floor all night long.
We perform timeless Mod classic hits from The Jam, Small Faces, The Who, Kinks, Lambrettas and Secret Affair.
Pulsating Ska and Two Tone rhythms of Madness, Specials, The Beat and Dexy’s.
Indie hits of Franz Ferdinand, The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, The Charlatans, Fratelli's and The Arctic Monkeys.
Plus ever-popular Britpop anthems of Oasis, Blur, James and Pulp.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:SOUND EFFECTS a first class live show playing genres of MOD INDIE SKA & Britpop
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing major festivals and shows along with first class entertainment venues
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Simple, Expect a high-quality live performance from our experienced and energetic self-contained 5-piece band and a night of upbeat crowd-pleasers guaranteed to have everyone on the dance floor all night long.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Available for Live Music Venues, Clubs & Bars, Holiday Parks & Hotels, Corporate Events, Golf Clubs & Casinos, Weddings, Birthdays & Parties, Festivals & Corporate Events, Colleges & Universities
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash, cheque, bank transfer, Event UK
- How long do you play for?Can play up to 120 minutes with a further 30 minutes if needed
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have up to a 10000 watt PA system plus Stage lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Our Equipment is PAT tested and we have full Public Liability Insurance
- How much space do you require?Space required approximately 5 meters x 3 meters
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes if given notice
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually 1 x 30 minute break in between a 45 minute set unless playing a full 2hr show
Based in Coventry, Warwickshire, and the Midlands we are at the centre of the country so happy to travel throughout the UK for Live Music Venues, Clubs and Pubs, we enjoy playing Holiday Parks, Hotels, Corporate Events, and private functions that may be further a-field.
Typical set list :
Set one (Recorded Introduction)
Squeeze Box (The who)
Sally Cinnamon (The Stone Roses)
Down in a Tube Station (The Jam)
David Watts (The Jam)
Take me out (Franz Ferdinand)
Girls & Boys (Blur)
Disco 2000 (pulp)
Shout to the top (The Style Council)
Good Thing (Fine Young Canibals)
Gangsters ( The Specials)
Tears of a Clown (The Beat)
Time For Action (Secret Affair)
Town called Malice (The Jam)
Common People (Pulp)
Outro (only fools and horses finishing theme)
(Professionals theme ) introduction
Reward (Teardrop Explodes)
Mirror in the bathroom (The best )/ Bed's too big (Sting)
Night Boat to Cairo (Madness)
Food for thought (UB40)
Geno (Dexys midnight runners)
She bangs the Drums (The Stone Roses)
The only one I know (The Charlatans)
Step on (Happy Monday’s)
Park Life (Blur)
Baggy Trousers (Madness)
Eton Rifles (The Jam)
Monkey man (The Specials)
Sit Down (James)
Message 2 you Rudie (The Specials)
Substitute (The who)
Teenage kicks,not to fast (The Undertones)
Cigs & Alcohol (Oasis)
Boys don't cry (The Cure)
Poison Ivy, (The Lambrettas)
Chelsea Dagger (The Fratellas)
THE ONLY ONE I KNOW (The Charlatans)
Resurrection (The Stone Roses)
Start (The Jam)
All or Nothing ( Small Faces)
Half the world away (Oasis)
That’s Entertainment ( The Jam)