The Soul Strutters is a collective of professional musicians from Bristol who love nothing more than performing specially handpicked songs from the golden era of Funk, Soul, Disco and Rare Groove.
Formed at last-minute in October 2012 for a cocktail function, The Soul Strutters gelled immediately after the first 4-bars of ‘Use me Up’ by Bill Withers was performed.
From then on, the band were playing the circuit of live music venues near enough every weekend around the Bristol and surrounding area to the present day, solely through word of mouth.
The group was founded on a mutual love and respect for the music they grew up on and have always wanted to perform, and from the sheer smiles on their faces from start to finish, it’s clear that the passion and enjoyment radiates through to the audience.
Louise• Dec. 31, 2018
Amazing band, highly professional. Couldn't have asked for a better group and communication from start to finish. Thank you for everything.
Bert Heath• Nov. 5, 2018
We had the soul strutter play our wedding at the square club in bristol. Everyone said they loved the band and they have a fantastic set list. They were the ultimate professionals. We even asked if they could perform a Sister Sledge song for our first dance and they absolutely smashed it in their own style. 100% would highly recommend.
Lia Penn• Oct. 25, 2018
"After seeing ‘The Soul Strutters’ play in different Bristol venues we were so excited they were available for our wedding in Oxford in September this year!
It is clear they love what they do from each of their performances we have seen and the whole band are so incredibly talented!
We got so many compliments about how great you guys were and people did not stop smiling, singing and dancing!
We will also never forget our first dance song you guys performed and how great you guys were with our request, it was perfect.
Thanks again for making our day that much more special and we cannot wait to see you guys perform again!
Lia and Thomas"
Amy Brown• July 13, 2018
"After getting married in Greece, my partner and I decided to have an afterparty in Bristol. There was no doubt as to which band we wanted; it had to be the Soul Strutters.
We had previously been to lots of their gigs and wedding sets. They are always absolutely fantastic!
These guys are all so talented and are true professionals. With a great selection of songs and loads of charisma, you really couldn’t wish for a better band."
Rosie Tatchell-Jordan• Oct. 28, 2017
These guys are the best band ever. Truly amazing. Played for us at our wedding in October and everyone was on the dance floor dancing the night away :) stunning vocals, epic guitar, legendary piano playing and awesome drums. These guys are brilliant...10 out of 10
Katie Cadwell• June 5, 2017
Dance floor filled from song one until the bitter end – all our party fears disappeared as soon as Soul Strutters started playing! Perfect mix of songs for our engagement party, and the tough task of appealing to the varied age range. A smash hit with all our guests. Even the bar staff asked for your details! Hopefully we'll catch you live soon and relive the night.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Southwest's tightest, Funkiest, hardest working and most raucously energetic band!
- What are the highlights of your career?Please check our about section or alternatively search for our name
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We can provide all entertainment needed in one booking - Band with or without an optional horn section DJ service Live performances in a ceremony, drinks reception and/or wedding breakfast (solo piano, with or without vocals or solo guitar with or without vocals) We can provide bespoke vintage decorations to style your event We can provide a fully licensed bar for your event
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties, corporate events, Christmas parties, Summer balls, festivals - The lot!
- Who are your previous clients?Please check our site for this
- How can event planners pay for your services?Via BACS or cash
- How long do you play for?Usually between 2 45 minute sets and 2 60 minute sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes - 2 multicoloured Light bars which change to the rhythm as well as 2 light balls We have a full Yamaha PA complete with subs
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Potentially - If it is within the Funk/Soul/Disco genres please let us know and we will tell you if we can do it justice!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?1 break. Up to 30 minutes, but these things can always be negotiated
Bill Withers - Just The Two Of Us
Bill Withers - Use Me
Bill Withers/Blackstreet - Grandmas Hands/No Diggity
Bobby Brown - Two Can Play That Game
Bootsy Collins - I’d Rather Be With You
Charles Wright - Express Yourself
Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up
Daft Punk - Lose Yourself To Dance
Dee Lite - Groove Is In The Heart
D’Angelo - Brown Sugar
Ernie K Doe - Here Come The Girls
Etta James - Rather Go Blind
Freddie King - Going Down
Gil Scot Heron - Lady Day and John Coltrane
Gil Scot Heron - The Bottle
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
Grace Jones - Pull Up To The Bumper
Hall and Oates - I Can’t Go For That
Jackie Wilson - Higher and Higher
James Brown - Cold Sweat
James Brown - Mans World
Jamiroquai - Half The Man
Jamiroquai - If I Like It, I Do It
Jamiroquai - Too Young To Die
Joe Cocker/2Pac - Woman to Woman/California Love
John Legend - Lets Get Lifted
John Mayer - I Don’t Need No Doctor
Justin Timberlake - Like I Love You
Labi Siffre - I Got The Blues
Led Zeppelin - No Quarter
Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
Luther Van Dross - Never Too Much
Mark Mark - Good Vibrations
Marvin Gaye - Heard It Through The Grapevine
Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues
Marvin Gaye - Lets Get It On
Marvin Gaye - What’s Going On
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Michael Jackson - Rock With You
Michael Mcdonald - I Keep Forgetting
Montel Jordan - This Is How We Do It
Nina Simone - Feeling Good
Pink Floyd - Breathe
R. Kelly - She’s Got That Vibe
Rare Earth - Get Ready
Ray Charles - I Got A Woman
Ray Charles - Mess Around
Richie Havens - Back To My Roots
Rick James - Mary Jane
Rick James - Superfreak
Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
Stevie Wonder - You Haven’t Done Nothin’
The Black Crowes - Hard To Handle
The Brothers Johnson - Get The Funk Out My Face
The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Running
The Doors - Light My Fire
The Doors - Roadhouse Blues
The Isley Brothers - Footsteps In The Dark
The Isley Brothers - Who’s That Lady?
The Isley Brothers - Work To Do
The Meters - Cissy Strut
The Meters - Just Kissed My Baby
The Valentine Brothers - Moneys Too Tight To Mention
Toto - Georgy Porgy
Womack and Womack - Teardrops