The Soul Strutters is a collective of professional musicians from Bristol who love nothing more than performing specially handpicked songs from the golden era of Funk, Soul, Disco and Rare Groove.
Formed at last-minute in October 2012 for a cocktail function, The Soul Strutters gelled immediately after the first 4-bars of ‘Use me Up’ by Bill Withers was performed.
From then on, the band were playing the circuit of live music venues near enough every weekend around the Bristol and surrounding area to the present day, solely through word of mouth.
The group was founded on a mutual love and respect for the music they grew up on and have always wanted to perform, and from the sheer smiles on their faces from start to finish, it’s clear that the passion and enjoyment radiates through to the audience.
Lia Penn• 25 Oct 2018
"After seeing ‘The Soul Strutters’ play in different Bristol venues we were so excited they were available for our wedding in Oxford in September this year!
It is clear they love what they do from each of their performances we have seen and the whole band are so incredibly talented!
We got so many compliments about how great you guys were and people did not stop smiling, singing and dancing!
We will also never forget our first dance song you guys performed and how great you guys were wi...
Louise• 31 Dec 2018
Amazing band, highly professional. Couldn't have asked for a better group and communication from start to finish. Thank you for everything.
Amy Brown• 13 Jul 2018
"After getting married in Greece, my partner and I decided to have an afterparty in Bristol. There was no doubt as to which band we wanted; it had to be the Soul Strutters.
We had previously been to lots of their gigs and wedding sets. They are always absolutely fantastic!
These guys are all so talented and are true professionals. With a great selection of songs and loads of charisma, you really couldn’t wish for a better band."
Bert Heath• 5 Nov 2018
We had the soul strutter play our wedding at the square club in bristol. Everyone said they loved the band and they have a fantastic set list. They were the ultimate professionals. We even asked if they could perform a Sister Sledge song for our first dance and they absolutely smashed it in their own style. 100% would highly recommend.
Sarah Smith-Jones• 27 Feb 2016
The Soul Strutters played our Wedding in February 2016 at the Trinity Centre Bristol. They were friendly and professional. We had got into a bit of a jam with some of the PA elements of the venue at the last minute, which they sorted for us with no fuss and great kindness to ensure the day went smoothly. This elevated all the stress surrounding the issue. They played all the great classics and some requests with soul and finesse everyone was dancing and rocking out it felt like our own very pers...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Southwest's tightest, Funkiest, hardest working and most raucously energetic band!
- What are the highlights of your career?Please check our about section or alternatively search for our name
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We can provide all entertainment needed in one booking - Band with or without an optional horn section DJ service Live performances in a ceremony, drinks reception and/or wedding breakfast (solo piano, with or without vocals or solo guitar with or without vocals) We can provide bespoke vintage decorations to style your event We can provide a fully licensed bar for your event
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties, corporate events, Christmas parties, Summer balls, festivals - The lot!
- Who are your previous clients?Please check our site for this
- How can event planners pay for your services?Via BACS or cash
- How long do you play for?Usually between 2 45 minute sets and 2 60 minute sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes - 2 multicoloured Light bars which change to the rhythm as well as 2 light balls We have a full Yamaha PA complete with subs
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Potentially - If it is within the Funk/Soul/Disco genres please let us know and we will tell you if we can do it justice!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?1 break. Up to 30 minutes, but these things can always be negotiated
Bill Withers - Just The Two Of Us
Bill Withers - Use Me
Bill Withers/Blackstreet - Grandmas Hands/No Diggity
Bobby Brown - Two Can Play That Game
Bootsy Collins - I’d Rather Be With You