Soar Photo, me - Jo! I've been photographing weddings, events, families and all kinds of commercial work since 2008. I'm based in the heart of the National Forest near Ashby-De-La-Zouch and cover across the Midlands and sometimes further afield. I love shooting 'real people' in lovely locations, especially natural outdoor light and being a part of real life celebrations so weddings have become my passion. I hope to take away the worry from you of your day being recorded in pictures and capture it thoughtfully, sensitively with a touch of fun, blending traditional and contemporary styles as suits you.
I'm equally passionate about all my work, whetever I'm out in a field in my wellies, covering a festival, indoors in the studio, creating headshots or photographing nightlife, I love and take great pride in what I do and have created as SoarPhoto. Get in touch for a chat about your wedding, event or lifestyle photography.
Services From Soar Photo
Wedding Photography - Ceremony To Wedding Breakfast
- What services do you offer?Wedding photography, event photography, lifestyle photography, photo journalism, family photography, commercial & editorial photography
- What does the wedding package include?Me as your principal photographer! I cover every wedding booked , your big day is mine too from the time I arrive until I leave - I take away the stress of worrying about the photography being in hand for you. I have been covering weddings since 2008 (wow) so I've been to alot of weddings and can't think of any eventualities that could faze me now :) I work in a quiet and relaxed way, blending traditional & contemporary styles, aiming to reflect and portray your personalities, themes & ideas. I photograph real people & real weddings, sensitively, thoughtfully, with a touch of fun and great care to capture the story of the day and all the moments you will want to look back on for years to come. With all my wedding photography I do not limit the amount of images I take or supply to you. I capture as much of the day as I possibly can & I provide you with all the finished, edited images on disc or memory stick, alongside an online viewing gallery for your friends & family. Your price is determined by the amount of coverage, I tend not to quote by an amount of hours I am there (noone wants a photographer who is watching the stopwatch, also weddings are real life - they run late/early, timings change, you have to wait for guests, weather...kids to wake up etc etc!) Instead I work from say ceremony up until wedding breakfast, dress ups through til speeches or similar. That way you can use your photography budget on the parts of the day that are most important to you.
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?No
- What style of photos do you take?Photos that reflect you! If your wedding is very formal and that is the style you prefer, I work in a traditional style. However I do work equally in a repotage, candid style. If you have some special request or images you'd like to try - fab! I love my couples to be relaxed & feel they can be themselves in front of the camera. We will have chatted all this over before the wedding day and I will have gained a good idea of what you are aiming for with your photography. Most importantly I take fun photos and images that capture the emotions and the feel of the day. I supply a mix of black & white and colour images with generally a mix of contemporary and traditional composition.
- What kind of technology do you use?I work on pro Canon kit (5D & 7D, alongside various lenses & lighting as required)
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?Yes, you receive a private online viewing gallery with every wedding or event. You can share this with friends & family, social media etc.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?Depends on the size of your wedding but at busiest times around four weeks for an entire set - all weddings get around 20-30 images within 48 hrs though to keep you going until I've completed all your post pro work.
- Do you send all the photos taken?Yes, except obvious duplicates, eyes closed, people in shot ones etc - everything that has worked you get.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I'm always your main photographer but I work with a couple of trusted freelancers when I need an additional team member
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?Yes - I am part of a circle of partner photographers that back each other up in that type of circumstance.
- Do you have the rights to publish the wedding photos?I retain the rights to the photographs taken and may use them for promo/marketing unless you have an objection. You receive the rights to reproduce them for your own use in print, social media, online with no restrictions.