Easy listening lounge/dinner music with a hint of jazz and blues. Soft vocals, cool keyboards, sax, bongos and blues harmonica.
Our Smooth music is ideal to fill the gap when the ceremony is being held in the same venue as the reception, such as a Hotel.
When the first guests start to arrive in the Hotel and mingle in the Lounge or Foyer, as the Bridal party are in their rooms getting ready we can play our easy listening, jazzy songs to help create atmosphere and enhance the happy vibe of the day.
Then when the ceremony room is being cleared to make ready for the reception and the Guests come back out into the Lounge/Foyer, we can play some more cool music.
Or after the ceremony [held outside the Reception venue] we can be set up in the reception room to play as the Guests arrive to keep the happy atmosphere going.
And of course, we are perfect live background music during the dinner/wedding breakfast.
Our volume creates just the right presence and allows people to hear...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Smooth standard classic songs with a hint of jazz and blues played in a polished and professional style.
- What are the highlights of your career?Being the opening act for National Symphony Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, Osmond Brothers, Ken Dodd, Billy Ocean, Lance Ellington and playing at the after show party for the cast and crew of Coronation Street at their 50th Anniversary. And playing on the Chatsworth House Estate at the Cavendish Hotel.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Soft contralto vocals which soothe and relax accompanied by superb bongo player who also plays sax, harmonica and keyboards in a cool and jazzy style. We are a bit different because of the variety of instruments. Plus we have carefully chosen our setlist to give light and shade. A mix of keys and tempos to keep people entertained. Our volume and sound have just the right presence to entertain but not intrude.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Dining events, drinks receptions, meet and greets, wedding receptions, lounges etc
- Who are your previous clients?Granada TV, ITV, Warner Leisure Hotels, Duke of Devonshire Chatsworth Estate Hotel.
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS/ cash. We ask for a BACS deposit to secure the booking and the remainder in cash on the day.
- How long do you play for?We can tailor the length of sets. Usually 2 x 45 with a max of 3 x 45 We also play background music before and between live sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Fully self contained PA We do not have any lighting. As a background/dinner music Act we find that lighting is not required.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?12ft x 8ft if possible. We try to squeeze into smaller areas if possible. The keyboards are approx 1 metre wide and we need to set up a mixing desk, 2 x floor monitors and speakers. We do not need a Stage platform. And if somewhere safe & secure to store cases & bags for the equipment can be provided - that would be great, thanks.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We have worked hard to create a setlist which we know will work. We have over 20 years experience and have a tried and tested setlist. However, if there is a song which is important to the booker, we can look at learning it but that would incur further costs for rehearsal time, sheet music etc. But if the song is not our style or genre we could always add it to our background music playlist and play it during our break.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We only take short breaks. To nip to the Loo for example or to get water if it is Hot weather. And if the event requires one long set without breaks we will play for an hour and a half without a break. We are flexible.
- Do you allow people to use your equipment, ie microphones?Sorry, no we do not allow anyone to use any of our equipment for Health and Safety and Insurance purposes. Arrangements would need to be made with the venue/event planner to source an alternative.
- Do you play outdoors?We prefer not to. We will only if there is adequate power supply and complete protection for our equipment. If it is wet weather, extreme cold or hot weather we must be totally under safe cover and protected from the elements.
Summertime, when I fall in love, fever, fly me to the moon, smooth operator, love letters, old devil called love, our day will come, valerie, aint no sunshine etc