Small Town Sounds
Live Acoustic Covers Duo, from Castleford - West Yorkshire.
Playing a wide range of covers from the 60's through to present day, we're available to hire for parties, functions, weddings and more.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Live Acoustic Covers Duo, providing a wide range of covers and classics from the 60s through to present day.
- What are the highlights of your career?To date recording our Debut EP of original material has been a great experience for us, and helped us become better musicians as a result. We’re currently preparing for our second recording with some new material, and covers also.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We try to keep our pricing competitive, and believe for the service we provide we offer a high standard of entertainment for affordable prices. We don’t want to ever price anyone out from booking us, we’d rather be booked twice by you, or recommended to a friend than we would take a larger fee to perform for you just once! We try orientate our sets to be upbeat, particularly for our final spots, but we can amend our set lists to suit the occasion and your wishes.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We’re happy to accept payment via PayPal, Cash, or Bank Transfer.
- How long do you play for?This can vary based on your needs, our typical “pub/bar sets” are split between 2 sets, one around 45-50 minutes, and the second 60 minutes +. We try to “build” our setlist up from the first to the second with more and more classics, and faster paced songs to get everyone in the mood to join in and have a good singalong.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We do have our own PA System, and two speakers with stands. We also provide our own microphones, wires etc. We do not currently have any lighting arrangements at present.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can certainly try to learn this, it depends totally on the song itself, how much notice you give us, and if we can make it feasibly work to do it justice. If we can’t do it ourselves, we can make sure it’s added on to our playlist for the music we can play before, in between or after our sets.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?This again varies depending on what type of event we’re playing. For a standard two set performance we would take around 20/25 minutes, before then starting the second set. This can of course be changed to cater your needs, i.e. we have played presentation nights for sporting events where the gap is 60 minutes or so for award processes to take place.
5ive - Keep On Movin
Ben E King - Stand By Me
Bob Marley - Three Little Birds
Bryan Adams - When You're Gone
Bryan Adams - Summer of 69
Cher - Believe
Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
Ed Sheeran - Castle on ...