We are a unique accordion and sax duo specialising in, but not exclusively, klezmer music. Taking our inspiration from the earliest recordings 100 years ago we have a great repertoire of traditional klezmer tunes. We are the duo to choose for your bar/bat mitzvah, wedding with an unusual twist, or party. We can play acoustically, or bring a small PA if required.
"An excellent duo that played exceptionally throughout the afternoon. The volume was just right, not too loud and not too quiet, and their Jewish klezmer music sounded great. It certainly gave the party the desired ambience. They were amiable and helpful and played for longer than we had arranged. I would certainly recommend them.
Union of Jewish Students• June 6, 2017
We hired these guys for our murder mystery event and they were incredible, both in terms of dedication and organsiaiton and in terms of music. John met up with us in advance to discuss exactly what we wanted in terms of music, style and dress. They even offered to modify their outfits to fit around our theme. As part of the mystery we had asked them to play in a few different spaces and they co-ordinated this with ease, providing the perfect backdrop to our event. They were not fazed by the weirdness of our night nor by the fact that neither myself of my fellow organiser had done any event like this before. They were helpful, interested and above all an absolute pleasure to work with. Most importantly, the music was wonderful. They played a wide range of klezmer music to incorporate the different parts of our mystery and many of the guests commented on the band and how impressed they were with them. In summary, working with Slater & McBride was an absolute pleasure. Would love the opportunity to see them play or work with them again.
Dave Droar• May 31, 2017
"We hired Slater and McBride to play Klezmer music at our wedding in May 2017. Booking and dealing with John was easy beforehand over email and phone. They arrived in plenty of time and were ready to go come their cue. They played a long set of background music outside while our guests circulated in the garden. The volume was just right, not intrusive, easy to have conversations, but clearly audible from a good distance. The music choices and quality of playing were excellent and provided the perfect backdrop for our wedding (non religious, but with Jewish heritage). We had many compliments about the music from our guests and we were thrilled at our choice, it genuinely gave the reception atmosphere and a party feel. I have no hesitation recommending wholeheartedly.
Just to say thank you again for playing at our wedding.
We have had lots of compliments on your performance and it fitted perfectly with the relaxed reception we had. The music choice and volume was spot-on.
I was also really pleased to be able to include some Jewish-ness into a non-religious ceremony, thank you for making that possible.
If you are ever in need of a recommendation, please feel free to ask.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a klezmer duo with sax and accordion, playing traditional klezmer tunes.
- What are the highlights of your career?As a duo, we are new kids on the block, but individually we have many years experience of playing at functions.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, Parties, corporate events
- Who are your previous clients?As a duo, we are new kids on the block, but individually we have many years experience of playing at functions.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash on the day preferred, BACS or cheque.
- How long do you play for?Basic 2 x 45 min sets, longer by negotiation.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA yes, lighting no.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Enough space for us to swing a saxophone. If we're using a PA then an audience free zone around the equipment and cables.
Bai Mir Bist Du Shen,
Chosen Kale Mazel Tov,
Fly me to the moon,