Jon Sterckx is an innovative world music percussionist equally at home with traditional & contemporary music forms.
Jon plays a range of percussion instruments and has worked across a wide range of musical styles, from Indian classical music ( Sitar & Tabla ) and other traditional world music to contemporary experimental & 'fusion' styles, theatre & dance collaborations, and his solo multi-percussion Live Sampling / Live Looping performances - Drumscapes.
Jon performs & teaches Tabla, Indian music, world music & percussion across the South West UK.
The Acorn, Penzance• 20 Aug 2016
BRILLIANT evening with Samswara and Drumscapes! Only impending heart surgery prevented me from dancing my socks off! More please!”
“That was really good, and very different”
“Never heard the tabla played like that before, he’s brilliant”
"Wonderful evening. Excellent”
"Some of the comments from a very appreciative audience who booked for the double-bill of Samswara and Drumscapes here at the Acorn in Penzance. There were lots of other comments similar to the above, everyone had a rea...
Frome Festival• 20 Jul 2010
Talented percussionist Jon Sterckx was outstanding on tabla, and a longer solo from him would have been welcome!
Hampshire Indo British Society• 30 Mar 2011
It was a treat to listen to Jon Sterckx and Ricky Romain on the tabla and sitar respectively. Jon and Ricky gave a short but superb introduction to Indian music, explained some of the difference between western and Indian styles and captivated the audience later with the rendition of the Bhairavi raga in Vilambit, Madhya and Drut tintaal.
Jon and Ricky engaged very well with the audience providing a thrilling performance and deserving the rapturous applause they received at the end.
I am looki...
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Sitar & Tabla repertoire is Indian Classical music. World Percussion repertoire is original material.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Award winning Indian music Sitar & Tabla performances. World percussion performances.
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS payment or cash.
- Who are your previous clients?Please see website: http://www.jonsterckx.co.uk/indian-music/reviews http://www.jonsterckx.co.uk/indian-music/testimonials http://www.jonsterckx.co.uk/events
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Concert performances at Arts Centres, Festivals, Melas, Private & corporate functions.
- How long do you play for?Negotiable
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA, but not lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, both.
- How much space do you require?Stage minimum 8ft x 4ft x 2 ft
Multi Percussion live sampling performances
Sitar & Tabla performances
World Rhythm workshops
indian Music Workshops