Professional bellydancers providing belly dance shows, hen party and birthday packages, wedding entertainment, restaurant shows, classes, courses & workshops, antenatal bellydance courses, children's entertainment, school workshops and dance holidays - Based Liverpool, Chester and St Helens. We have been featured in local and international tv/press and have performed for major clients and at high profile events.
We work closely with our clients to provide a seamless, bespoke experience with excellent client satisfaction. See our website for examples of testimonials, our clients and party package options.
All our teachers are public liability insured. See the website for our teacher biographies. Some of our Belly Dancers are also formally qualified teachers but we have all had experience of working with children. If you want extra peace of mind you can choose one of our teachers who are also DBS checked
Sorry no male only parties.
Tom Geoghegan• 6 Feb 2017
Thank you so much to Kathy for our Belly Dancing Class. Kathy was extremely professional and prompt leading up to the event and during. She really got the party started and maintained the energy throughout. Even though our party members were slightly loud and wild, Kathy matched the mood and really joined in which was great. Every single person really enjoyed the lesson, despite it not being everyone's cup of tea. Thank you so much again! We would definitely recommend you to anyone else looking ...
Alex Olgun• 27 Jan 2018
Would highly recommend Sirocco. Dancer was highly talented, lovely demeanour and really looked the part. Grateful to Sirocco for being so helpful and accommodating for a last minute booking especially as the she had to perform elsewhere that night. We wanted a bellydancer for our Turkish celebration that reflected my husbands culture and she did just that. She was great at working the crowd and got friends up dancing who we thought never would including an awesome authentic regional dance at the...
Fae• 20 Apr 2018
Fantastic! Many thanks to Sirocco for performing at my husband's 40th. It was so much fun. Brilliant dancing and got our guests up and dancing too. Dancer was really friendly and engaging. Great interaction. Arrived promptly. Would well recommend
Liz Seville• 22 Mar 2018
Absolutely fabulous night. Also supporting people with dementia and or Alzheimer's. Hats off to Rosie who came and entertained our residents also took the time to get them up an show them what to do. They have never laughed so much. It was also great for them to have that one moment to have a sense of purpose.
Home-Start Warrington• 22 Mar 2018
Great big thanks to the ladies at Sirocco Dance Academy who demonstrated at our Curry Night at the Cottage Indian Restaurant, Warrington on 22nd March 2018. Superb!
- What other services to you provide?Our focus is on belly dance / raqs sharqi and folkloric dances from the Middle East and Turkey. Our aim is to provide quality authentic bellydance and Middle Eastern folkloric dances in a fun and dazzling way. There is such a wealth to learn just in this area we want to do it justice! Therefore you know you will not see us do a poor imagining of belly dance or fuse with other unrelated dance styles.
- Are you Family Friendly / Do you work with Children?Yes and we don't perform for all male groups. We can also modify our costuming to suit the audience (e.g more modest dress/ galabeya as opposed to a 2 piece costume). We love working with children. Some of our teachers are DBS checked and two are also formally qualified teachers, but we have all had experience of working with children. We have been the only providers of Bellydance classes in the North West specifically for girls. We provide bespoke workshops for schools suitable for boys and girls and special party workshops with age appropriate choreographies whether bellydance or more folkloric / line dances (great if its for boys and girls).
- Can I specify a dancer?Of course! Depending on that dancer's availability we always try to accommodate. Some of our dancers do the majority of the commercial performance work. Some of our teachers specialise more on workshops and educational sessions.
- What is the booking process?After the deposit is paid we will send through a booking form for completion. The dancer will also be in touch before the event to say hello and finalise any details.
- What props do you use?What props we use is dependent on space available. Props include wings, veil, finger cymbals (zills) and cane. Some of our dancers also specialise in double cane, double veil and fan veils. For wedding zaffas we use a shamadan (candelabra balanced on the head) and finger cymbals.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?Yes we are all covered with Public Liability Insurance
- How long is the act?Standard performance sets are 20 minutes long. Can do shorter 10-15 minute routines or longer 30 min sets. Can do multiple shorter sets e.g two 15 minute sets over 1 hour and this usually includes a costume change. Fun party workshops and talks and taster sessions- These vary in length from 30 minutes to 2 hours
- Do you do open-air acts?We can perform outdoors weather permitting although routines would be modified to suit. Veils don't do well in a breeze!
Birthday shows and workshops for all ages
Hen party shows and workshops
Schools / Educational workshops
and many more....
You can b...