Simon Hughes Photography
Affordable wedding and family photography, throughout the Lake District and surrounding area. I specialise in informal, intimate weddings and other family events including birthday parties, christenings, proposals, engagements, anniversaries and other family events.
I predominantly shoot documentary/reportage style to get natural, relaxed, real-life images along with some informally posed environmental portraits as required. My aim is to capture the story of your day as it actually happens, together with some wall-worthy portraits with the minimum of direction, posing and disruption to the flow of your day.
Bark• 24 Aug 2017
I felt like I was in a minefield when it came to choosing a photographer for our wedding, but I am so pleased to say I made the right choice. Simon was wonderful. He made our wedding day extra special as he was great company, really patient with our guests and went above and beyond to ensure everything ran smoothly. Would highly recommend him. We live near Wigan and married in the Lakes, therefore, most of our correspondence was online but Simon was trustworthy, reliable and guided us through wh...
Bark, Claire Prescott• 22 Oct 2017
Outstanding photographer, a joy to work with from beginning to end, such a keen eye for the little details that you may overlook. If you are looking for a professional photographer then stop now and contact Simon!
Bark, Anna & Carl Newbury• 30 Oct 2017
Simon is the most easy going, creative genius behind a camera. He made our wedding day. His style is amazing and he has offered us far more than we could of imagined down to all the fine little details. If you are looking for a photographer that will give you everything you are looking for and more, then look no further. Perfection.
Bark• 22 Sep 2017
"Simon Hughes what a fantasic photographer you are !!
A true professional.
Your pictures are simply amazing and stunning we cannot thank you enough .
Simply perfect !!!
Thank you Claire & Christopher Turnham"
Bark• 20 Jul 2017
"Looking at our wedding photographs, we realise that choosing Simon as our wedding photographer was the best thing we could have done!
The wedding photographs were enormously important to us, but we knew we didn't want to spend large chunks of our special day posing for tightly orchestrated shots with our special guests.
We really wanted photographic memories of the events of the day, shots that would reflect the emotions, happiness, amusing and special moments of our day.
We posted ou...
- What services do you offer?Wedding photography, Surprise proposal photography, Engagement photography, Family photography
- What does the wedding package include?My wedding packages all include my time and a full set of full resolution digital images with prints, other printed products, full colour, hardback photo book albums and digital video slideshows as options.
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?No
- What style of photos do you take?I typically adopt a natural style of photography. My aim is to capture the story of the day as it actually happens, together with some wall-worthy environmental portraits using the minimum of direction, posing and disruption to the flow of the event.
- What kind of technology do you use?Nikon digital cameras and lenses
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?My photos are delivered via a private, online gallery where you can view, favourite, share, download and buy prints and other products. Family and friends can also be given access to the gallery so that they can also view, favourite, share, download and buy images for themselves.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?Typically within 2 weeks or by agreement with client
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I usually work with an assistant.
- Do you offer video services?Yes, I can create a short 'highlights' video of your wedding - or other event - alongside your photographs through a technique called 'hybrid' shooting. Please get in touch for more information.
Wedding photography, Surprise proposal photography, Engagement photography, Family photography