Multi Award Winning Fish & Chips served at your event!
Shap Chippy “Shappy Wheels” is a new venture for us. We currently own and operate Shap Chippy; a multi award winning Fish & Chip Take Away & Restaurant in Shap, Cumbria.
Our new van will be coming in March 2020 and we are VERY keen to cater events like yours with our amazing food, from our BRAND NEW SHINY ALL SINGING, ALL DANCING VAN! The van is not only state of the art but also looks amazing, with branded lighting across the top! You have to see it to believe it.
We are currently in the the 2nd Best Fish & Chip Shop in the UK in the National Seafish Awards, and have won many other top awards which include Best Fish & Chip shop in Cumbria 2019 and currently number 1 Best Fish and Chip Shop in Cumbria on TripAdvisor.
We took over this longstanding business in July 2018, and has since gone from strength to strength with 2020 being the year we expand and want to start bringing our amazing food to more people in and out of Cumbria, making their special days that little more special.
We have various set menu options that will feature our award-winning fish and chips, but also in addition we can do something a little different by serving several options of our loaded chip specials if desired. What are loaded chips you ask? Well, this is a portion of our beautiful chips loaded with something delicious on top. We have dishes like Hoisin Duck, Chicken Korma, Chilli Cheese and more, which are all are great for events and is very on trend for 2020. We also offer some fabulous vegetarian options – Battered Halloumi and Home-made Onion Rings, along with the staple chips, cheese and gravy!
We are very eco conscious, so we only use bio-degradable boxes for our food and offer wooden forks to keep our single use plastics to a minimum. This gives a more luxury feel too and is easier to eat on to go. If your event has sit a down venue then we can work with them to serve on plates.
Services From Shap Chippy "Shappy Wheels"
Shap Chippy - Award Winning Fish & Chips
- What services do you offer?Award Winning Fish & Chips served up in a bespoke Van! We can adapt our menu depending on your requirements, however the Nations Favourite Dish is the main event of our service. We can offer loaded chips too which are bang on trend for 2020! These can be selected prior to the event, dishes such as Chilli cheese chips, hoisin duck and more!
- Do you offer a venue for the banquet?We can work with your chosen venue, as long as we have somewhere to park the van we are good to go! Plated service would need to be in collaboration with your venue however we will do what we can to make your event go without a hitch.
- Do you cook in the same location as the banquet?We will prepare our fish and chips in our 5 star food hygiene rated shop prior to loading up the van and making our way to your event, everything after this point we be done on the van. We have capability to quite a bit on this van as its bespoke for our needs and being built just for us.
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?We can discuss the options and we are happy to work with you, offering gluten free, vegetarian options and other dietary requests. Lets have the discussion and we will see what we can do.
- What kind of cuisine do you offer?Fish and Chips, the nations favourite dish! We have a selection of sausages, vegetarian options and loaded chip dishes!
- Do you offer special menus?We can work with you to create a special menu for your event, obviously it will need to be within our cuisine but of course happy to discuss.
- Do you also offer a wedding cake?No we don't/
- How does the open bar work?N/A
- What is included in the menu?Fish and Chips, the nations favourite dish! We have a selection of sausages, vegetarian options and loaded chip dishes!
- What Awards have you won?UKs 2nd Best Fish & Chip Shop 2020 in National Fish & Chip Awards by Seafish Marketing Innovation Award 2020 in National Fish & Chip Awards by Seafish Best Fish & Chip Shop UK in The Food Awards 2019 Best Fish & Chip Shop Cumbria in Englands Business Awards 2019 Currently Number 1 Fish & Chip Shop on TripAdvisor for Cumbria
Multi Award Winning Fish & Chips