Sarah Collins is a firm favourite on today's Motown and Northern Soul scene with many appearances at UK and European festivals and events. Videos of her singing Northern Soul covers on her YouTube channel have clocked up over 7 million views. She's now got together with a group of highly experienced musicians to recreate the live sound and feel of the songs which originated on an underground scene during the mid 60s and have swept the dance floors ever since. With a line-up of guitar, bass, drums and keyboards, backing vocals and a one to three-piece brass section, the band play authentic arrangements of the original songs. Keep The Faith provide a live Motown and Northern Soul experience that is second to none.
Nick Reed, Masham Town Hall• Nov. 1, 2017
"""What a cracking night of Northern Soul we had yesterday. Sarah's dazzling voice and stage presence, and a top-class band doing full justice to 30+ soul classics and a bit of bonus ska as well! Virtuoso horn trio, tight rhythm section, crisp Fred Perrys! One of the best nights we've had here at the town hall, come back soon!!!"
Leeds Crusaders Scooter Club• July 4, 2017
"""We all had one of the best nights ever, fantastic vocals and great band plus the ability to have the place bouncing from the first song to the last"""
Services From Sarah Collins & Keep The Faith
7 Piece Band With Female Vocals - 2 Hours
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:9-piece Motown, Soul, Northern Soul and Ska band with brass section fronted by a sensational girl singer.
- What are the highlights of your career?Since forming in May 2016, the band has already played at several festivals including the VW Festival, and is booked for more next year.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Lead singer, Sarah Collins is already well-known on the Northern Soul scene from her appearances as a solo singer at many festivals and events both in the UK and abroad, and from her YouTube channel which has received well over 3.75 million views. Now her live band pay authentic arrangements of Motown, Soul and Northern Soul classics and some Ska songs.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?The band plays at festivals & clubs, corporate events, weddings and private parties, scooter rallies and retro music weekends.
- Who are your previous clients?Previous public gigs include: Ripley Live (x3), Richmond Live Festival, VW Festival, Leeds University, Masham Town Hall (x3), Oakengates Theatre (Telford x3), Retro Music Weekend (Stanwix Park), The Avenue (Chesterfield), Charity Soul (Harrogate), Skegness Scooter Rally, Woody's Music Shack, Dumfries Soul Club (x4), Mansfield Stagfest, Hull Ionians RUFC Summer Ball, Stone Valley Festival North (x2), Marton Music Festival, Durham Brass Festival (x2), Hampstwaite Feast, The Troubadour (Northallerton), Girvan Scooter Club, Queens Hotel (Leeds), Glen Pavilion Dunfermline (x2), Bloodwise Charity Ball (Leyburn), Stone Valley Festival South, The Dome (London), Boston Scooter Rally, Messy In Moortown, North Ormesby Institute, Maida Vale (Liverpool), Middleton Lodge, Otley Social Club, Silloth Music Festival, Haven Thorpe Park (Cleethorpes), Skalloween (Dumfries), Lucarlys (Grimsby), Venue 73 (Brighouse), Cockerton Insititute (Darlington), Longridge Civic Hall (Preston), Rochdale Cricket Club, Gainsborough Blues Club, Grassington Town Hall, Maida Vale (Sheffield).
- How can event planners pay for your services?Payment in cash on date of gig preferred, alternately into a band bank account. A 10% deposit is usually requested on confirmation of booking.
- How long do you play for?Up to 2 hour-long sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?A stage or area 6 metres by 3.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?For a small extra fee, in particular to cover the cost of writing the brass arrangements, the band will learn any requested song given suitable notice.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one break of at least 15 minutes between 2 sets.
CLASSIC MOTOWN & SOUL
Ain't That Peculiar (Marvin Gaye)
Baby I Need Your Loving (The Four Tops)
Come See About Me (The Supremes)
Could It Be I'm Falling In Love (The Spinners)
Dancing In The Street (Martha Reeves)
Knock On Wood (Eddie Floyd)
Give Me Just A Little More Time (COTB)
He Was Really Saying Something (Velvelettes)
Higher And Higher (Jackie Wilson)
Hold Back The Night (The Trammps)
I Can't Help Myself (The Four Tops)
I'll Be Around (The Spinners)
It's The Same Old Song (The Four Tops)
Jimmy Mack (Martha Reeves)
Land Of A 1000 Dances (Wilson Pickett)
Let's Stay Together (Al Green)
Midnight Hour (Eddie Floyd)
Needle In A Haystack (Velvelettes)
Shake A Tail Feather (Ray Charles)
Suddenly (Billy Ocean)
Superstition (Stevie Wonder)
Sweet Soul Music (Arthur Conley)
Take Me In You Arms (Kim Weston)
The Love I Lost (Harold Melvin)
Too Busy Think About My Baby (Marvin Gaye)
25 Miles (Edwin Starr)
A Lovers' Concerto (The Toys)
Band Of Gold (Freda Payne)
Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy (The Tams)
Cool Jerk (The Capitols)
Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) (Frank Wilson)
Getting Mighty Crowded (Betty Everett)
Gone With The Wind Is My Love (Rita & The Tiaras)
Heaven Must Have Sent You (The Elgins)
I’m Gonna Run Away From You (Tami Lynn)
I'm On My Way (Dean Parrish)
Just A Little Misunderstanding (The Contours)
Let's Wade In The Water (Marlena Shaw)
Long After Tonight Is All Over (Jimmy Radcliffe)
Move On Up (Curtis Mayfield)
My Man Is A Sweet Man (Millie Small)
Open The Door To Your Heart (Darrell Banks)
Out On The Floor (Dobie Gray)
Red Light Spells Danger (Billy Ocean)
Shoorah Shoorah (Betty Wright)
Soul Time (Shirley Ellis)
Stick By Me Baby (The Salvadors)
Tainted Love (Gloria Jones)
The Night (Frankie Valli)
There's A Ghost In My House (R. Dean Taylor)
The Snake (Al Wilson)
Time (Edwin Starr)
Turning My Heartbeat Up (The MVPs)
What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted (Jimmy Ruffin)
When You’re Young And In Love (The Marvelettes)
You Didn't Say A Word (Yvonne Baker)
You've Been Gone Too Long (Ann Sexton)
A Message To You Rudy (The Specials)
Lip Up Fatty (Bad Manners)
Monkey Man (The Specials)
My Boy Lollipop (Millie Small)
On My Radio (The Selecter)
You Don't Love Me (No, No, No) (Dawn Penn)