Sarah Collins is a firm favourite on today's Northern Soul scene with many appearances at UK and European festivals and events. Videos of her singing Northern Soul covers on her YouTube channel have clocked up over 3.75 million views. She's now got together with a group of highly experienced musicians to recreate the live sound and feel of the songs which originated on an underground scene during the mid 60s and have swept the dance floors ever since. With a line-up of guitar, bass, drums and keyboards, backing vocals and a three-piece brass section, the band play authentic arrangements of the original songs. Keep The Faith provide a live Northern Soul experience that is second to none.
Nick Reed, Masham Town Hall• 1 Nov 2017
"What a cracking night of Northern Soul we had yesterday. Sarah's dazzling voice and stage presence, and a top-class band doing full justice to 30+ soul classics and a bit of bonus ska as well! Virtuoso horn trio, tight rhythm section, crisp Fred Perrys! One of the best nights we've had here at the town hall, come back soon!!!
Leeds Crusaders Scooter Club• 4 Jul 2017
"We all had one of the best nights ever, fantastic vocals and great band plus the ability to have the place bouncing from the first song to the last"
- How long do you play for?Up to 2 hour-long sets.
- What are the highlights of your career?Since forming in May 2016, the band has already played at many festivals including the VW Festival, Stone Valley Festival, Richmond Live and the Durham Brass Festival. The band has released an album of Northern Soul classics, recorded in live performance.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Lead singer, Sarah Collins is already well-known on the Northern Soul scene from her appearances as a solo singer at many festivals and events both in the UK and abroad, and from her YouTube channel which has received well over 3.75 million views. Now her live band pay authentic arrangements of Motown, Soul and Northern Soul classics and some Ska songs.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:9-piece Motown, Soul, Northern Soul and Ska band with brass section fronted by a sensational girl singer.
- How much space do you require?A stage or area 7 metres by 3.
- Who are your previous clients?Ripley Live, Richmond Live Festival, VW Festival, Leeds University, Masham Town Hall, Oakengates Theatre (Telford), Retro Music Weekend (Stanwix Park), The Avenue (Chesterfield), Charity Soul (Harrogate), Skegness Scooter Rally, Woody's Music Shack, Dumfries Soul Club, Mansfield Stagfest, Hull Ionians RUFC Summer Ball, Stone Valley Festival, Marton Music Festival, Durham Brass Festival, Hampstwaite Feast, The Troubadour (Northallerton) plus many private functions.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one break of at least 15 minutes between 2 sets.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?For a small extra fee, in particular to cover the cost of writing the brass arrangements, the band will learn any requested song given suitable notice.
- How much space do you require?A stage or area 6 metres by 3.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Payment in cash on date of gig preferred, alternately into a band bank account. A 10% deposit is usually requested on confirmation of booking.
- Who are your previous clients?Richmond Live festival, VW Festival (Leeds), Ripley Star Club, Leeds University, private functions.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?The band plays at festivals & clubs, corporate events, weddings and private parties, scooter rallies and retro music weekends.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Lead singer, Sarah Collins is already well-known on the Northern Soul scene from her appearances as a solo singer at many festivals and events both in the UK and abroad, and from her YouTube channel which has received well over a million views. Now her live band pay authentic arrangements of Northern Soul classics and some Ska songs.
- What are the highlights of your career?Since forming in May 2016, the band has already played at several festivals including the VW Festival, and is booked for more next year.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:9-piece Northern Soul band with brass section fronted by a sensational girl singer.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- How long do you play for?2 hour-long sets.
25 Miles (Edwin Starr)
A Lovers' Concerto (The Toys)
A Message To You Rudy (The Specials)
Band Of Gold (Freda Payne)
Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy (The Tams)
Cool Jerk (The Capitols)
Do I Love ...