Sally Potterton - Electric Violinist
Sally is a versatile violinist and electric violinist who enjoys playing an eclectic mix of genres and styles from classical to commercial pop, house, RnB, jazz, latin and folk music. A high-impact performer, Sally interacts with the crowd, and has thrilled audiences worldwide with her ability to combine choreography and improvisation into performances. Based in Hertfordshire UK, she is available for corporate events, weddings, parties, DJ sets, session work, tours, and recordings.
Sally has been classically-trained on the violin since the age of 3 and was educated at Oxford University before gaining a Distinction in her Masters in Violin Performance at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance. Sally now plays electric violin in London, throughout the UK, and around the world, and has performed at venues such as The O2 Arena, Cardiff Millennium Stadium, The Royal Albert Hall, Wembley Arena, Hammersmith Apollo, The Sporting Club Monaco, and The Roundhouse. Performances have taken her around the world to places such as Bermuda, Qatar, Monaco, Bahrain, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia and Macau, as well as regular tours throughout Europe.
Sally has a wealth of experience performing for celebrities at events such as the UEFA Cup Final Dinner, ExxonMobil Tennis Gala Dinner, football conferences, fashion launches, and VIP weddings. Recent clients include Alexander McQueen, Vogue, Jaguar, MINI, Sergio Rossi, Swarovski, Aquascutum, Dell, Nina Naustdal and London Fashion Week. Playing over DJ sets, Sally has performed at many private parties, opening sets for artists such as Jessie J, Madness, Bob Sinclair, and has jammed with legendary producer Timbaland.
As a backing violinist, Sally has performed alongside some of the UK's biggest artists such as Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, John Newman, Rita Ora, Sigma, FKA Twigs, Don Broco, Alfie Boe and Russell Watson. Television performance credits include The BBC Music Awards, Britain's Got Talent, Strictly Come Dancing, Top of the Pops, The Alan Titchmarsh Show, QVC, and The X Factor to name a few.
Sally plays a Ted Brewer clear perspex LED electric violin, a silver marble Bridge electric violin, and a silver Violectra electric violin.
Hannah Parker• Sept. 16, 2017
We just wanted to say a big thank you for playing at our wedding on Friday and being part of our day. Our guests all commented on how brilliant you were, you played a massive part in making our day perfect!
Fabrizio Braga• March 25, 2017
Sally’s performance during our Mother’s Day weekend was fantastic, her choice of music, style and overall show added an extra touch of glamour and elegance to a very successful event. I would highly recommend her.
Zacharias Ngiam• Nov. 7, 2015
Your performance was absolutely mind blowing, people have been coming to us these past days telling us that they have never felt an atmosphere like that at a ball dinner before. We all knew that you would kill it but you still exceeded our expectations, thank you so much!
Emily Culver• Oct. 9, 2015
I would like to thank you for your fantastic performance on the evening, which helped to further accentuate the glamour and vibrant atmosphere on the night. Furthermore, you were a pleasure to deal with, remaining professional and polite throughout. It was truly refreshing to hear your rendition of some well known music!
Elise Hamer• Nov. 27, 2014
Sally performed at the Vogue Gold Night Out event in our Aquascutum Westfield store in November 2014. She provided the perfect entertainment and really set the mood for the evening. She was a pleasure to work with, completely professional, poised, and absolutely gorgeous! It was so refreshing to hear classical renditions of popular chart music and you could tell the customers truly enjoyed her performance from start to finish. A pleasure to work with.
- How long do you play for?Set lengths vary depending on the performance package you would like to book. I can perform anything from a 15-minute show, to a 2-hour background set. However, as a general rule, the maximum amount of time I can play at any one event is up to 3 x 45 minute sets maximum (or equivalent).
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?For events up to 150 guests, I can provide my own Bose L1 Compact PA system. For larger events and bookings outside the UK, I require an AV company at the venue with sound engineer for whom I can provide a specific tech spec. I don't provide my own lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Of course! I have Public Liability cover up to £1,000,000. All of my equipment is PAT-tested and of the highest standard. I am also a member of the Musician's Union.
- How much space do you require?I need a space approx. 2m x 2m to play freely. I perform wirelessly and can move around the room to interact with guests as well if desired, providing I’m in the same room as the PA system.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?For the wedding ceremony or first dance, I am happy to learn up to 5 extra requests that are not already on this list. All I ask is that you let me know these requests at least 1 month before the event.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Timings and breaks are specified in each individual quote.
Sally can tailor music to any event and concept, and offers different performance packages as a solo violinist. Here are her most popular packages:
1) Wedding package – 30 minutes of music before ceremony, ceremony requests, and up to 90 minutes of background music for drinks reception
2) Background chill-out set – up to 3 x 45 minutes of mellow pop (or classical on request)
3) Electric violin show – 20 minute high-impact classical crossover/pop show
4) DJ Live electric violinist – 15-20 minute sets improvising over DJ throughout the night