With musicians from Whitstable, Herne Bay, Chatham, Maidstone & Folkestone we get around and with 11 members on stage, Rubber Biscuit is Kent's biggest (and some say best) soul, rhythm 'n' blues, and blues band. The band is renowned for its "big sound", thanks to its three-piece horn section, up to five vocalists, and four piece rhythm section. Rubber Biscuit play for wedding receptions, birthday parties, and corporate events at all the top venues in the county. The band have a huge repertoire, and play a perfect balance of music to dance the night away. Everything from soul, pop, rock 'n' roll, rhythm 'n' blues, funk, disco, ska, plus a few slow romantic songs for good measure!
Rubber Biscuit has earned its reputation as one of the most professional wedding / function / party bands in Kent. It has an excellent working relationship with venues and wedding and event organisers.
Now in their 27th year of entertaining Kent audiences, these local legends are still doing what they have always done best: playing great music and, more importantly, giving audiences a great time, whether it is a corporate event, festival, or that special day.
They do weddings,
Your wedding day is an once-in-a-lifetime event and should be a special and memorable occasion. The evening reception is the longest part of the wedding day and usually the time when most people are attending. This is also the part of the day that you and your guests will remember the most.
They can discuss your music requirements as well as any other ideas with you before the day if necessary. For example have you chosen a song for your first dance? they can discuss your likes and dislikes and adapt the evening.
Charlotte Watts• Nov. 4, 2017
I think I've just about recovered! The event went smoother than ever expected, really over the moon.
I've already had feedback this morning about how much our guests enjoyed the evening and the entertainment. I will absolutely be reviewing and 5*ing everywhere I can for you!
A huge thank you for your support and professionalism for our event.
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, a happy New Year and I hope to see Rubber Biscuit very soon! :) xx
"“Rubber Biscuit played at our wedding reception on the 31st July, and I wanted to say a big thank you for making our reception one to remember. They were truly fantastic!”
- Sarah Hutchinson"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a fun and professional soul, dance party band. Listing ourselves is not easy as we tick so many boxes, Function and Wedding Band, Soul and Motown Band, Vintage band, R&B Band, Blues Band, Rock Band, Festival Style Band, Disco Band, Pop Party Band, Funk Band, Alternative Band, Northern Soul Band
- What are the highlights of your career?In 25years there are many highlights, including trips abroad, O2 appearances, Marlow Theatre Canterbury performances. The Kings Hall- Herne Bay, Winter Gardens-Margate, Lees Cliff - Folkestone, Canterbury University and many public and private schools. We have performed at beautiful venues in Kent, Leeds Castle, East Quay, Whitstable, Walmer Castle - Deal, Cooling Castle Barn- Rochester, to name a few. Favourites are the outdoor venues, Theatre in the Park-Herne, Kent, Kent Airshow- Herne Bay, Faversham Hop Festival, Its just a great ride.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are a big, energetic band. Four singers, big brass section all interacting to bring fun and enjoyment to the party. We have 25years of experience, our first gig being National Music Day in June of 1992, We have no egos (well very few) our aim is to create a fantastic evening, weather it be for 80 or 800. We pride ourselves in our flexibility and willingness to help out in anyway we can.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Mostly functions as we are a big band, we also do outside festivals and alfresco weddings as well as many a company Christmas Parties, oddly some in January? Birthday parties and many wedding anniversaries, some of which we played at the wedding 10,15 and even 20 years previous. We have strong professional relationships with many wedding venues, universities and private members clubs.
- Who are your previous clients?Private and Corporate, wouldn't risk offending anyone by listing some without their consent. we can fill this up later. Update: Herne Bay Promo Team - Kent Airshow, Canterbury University, Kings Hall- Herne Bay, East Quay Venue - Whitstable, more to come.........
- How can event planners pay for your services?We charge a nominal deposit to secure the diary date then cash upon our arrival at the event (or soon after), corporate folks prefer bank transfers, we are currently exploring PayPal as an easy way to pay for our services.
- How long do you play for?We typically play two sets, each of up to 1 hours duration plus encore, with a minimum 30 minute break in between. However, this can be tailored to suit your event. Please just let us know your planned itinerary in advance.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?An assortment of LED lighting coupled with a H&K Linear 5 sound system with sound engineer and desk usually surfices.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?YES & YES
- How much space do you require?Metres Squared- 32m, Metres- 8m wide x 4m deep, Feet- 26ft wide x 13ft deep, although we can work with slightly less. In addition, a space of around 2m² is required within the audience/guest area to accommodate our sound engineer, at a distance of approximately four metres from the main performance area.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?It may not be on a current list but with 25 years of experience it maybe in the back catalogue. Possibly given enough notice we can create our version of your favourite song. We also provide background music via iPod so if you have your own preferred playlist feel free to plug it in.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One 30 minute break but we have had much less, we are not sticklers for this kind of thing we are very friendly and flexible, Ive said that word a lot in these questions and answers because it is true.
Above all we are flexible and happy to offer advice when asked, just get in touch.
BARE FOOTIN - Robert Parker
CAN I GET A WITNESS - Marvin Gaye
CHAIN OF FOOLS - Aretha Franklin
COOL JERK - The Capitols
DANCE TO THE MUSIC - Sly and the Family Stone
DISCO INFERNO - The Trammps
DO YOU LOVE ME - The Contours
DON'T LEAVE ME THIS WAY - Harold Melvyn and the Blue Notes
EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY - Solomon Burke
EXPRESS YOURSELF - Charles Wright
HARD TO HANDLE - Otis Redding
HOLD ON I'M COMING - Sam and Dave
I FEEL GOOD - James Brown
KEEP ON RUNNING - Spencer Davis Group
LAND OF A 1000 DANCES - Wilson Pickett
LOVE MAN - Otis Redding
MR PITIFUL - Otis Redding
MUSTANG SALLY - Wilson Pickett
RESCUE ME - Fontella Bass
RESPECT - Aretha Franklin
RAISE YOUR HAND - Eddie Floyd
RIVER DEEP MOUNTAIN HIGH - Tina Turner
SHAKE A TAIL FEATHER - Ray Charles
SHOORAH SHOORAH - Betty Wright
SOUL FINGER - The Bar-Keys
SOUL MAN - Sam and Dave
TAKE ME TO THE RIVER - Al Green
TELL MAMA - Etta James
THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT - Aretha Franklin
I KISSED A GIRL - Katey Perry
MERCY - Duffy
TAINTED LOVE - Gloria Jones
THE LETTER SONG - Q Tips
THE SNAKE - Al Wilson
Rhythm 'n' Blues
FLIP FLOP & FLY - Big Joe Turner
GIMME SOME LOVIN' - Spencer Davis Group
HIGHER & HIGHER - Jackie Wilson
HEY BARTENDER - Johnny Lee
JACKPOT - Bruce Willis
THE LETTER - Joe Cocker
UNCHAIN MY HEART - Ray Charles
WHO'S MAKING LOVE - Johnny Taylor
DANCING IN THE STREET - Martha and the Vandellas
HEAT WAVE - Martha and the Vandellas
UPTIGHT (EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT) - Stevie Wonder
SIGNED SEALED DELIVERED - Stevie Wonder
HOT STUFF - Donna Summer
MOVE ON UP - Curtis Mayfield
SEPTEMBER - Earth, Wind and Fire
BEGGIN' - Madcon
FUNKY NASSAU - The Beginning of the End
I WISH - Stevie Wonder
LONG TRAIN RUNNING - Doobie Brothers
NUTBUSH CITY LIMITS - Tina Turner
PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC - Average White Band
THE VEHICLE - The Ides of March
SOMEBODY ELSE'S GUY - Jocelyn Brown
SUPERSTITION - Stevie Wonder
Pop / Rock / Rock 'n' Roll
SHE'S NOT THERE - Santana
LOVE POTION NO9 - Cruisers
LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION - Elvis Presley
SHOORAH SHOORAH - Betty Wright
SUMMER IN THE CITY - Lovin' Spoonful
THESE BOOTS' MADE FOR WALKING - Nancy Sinatra
ISRAELITES - Desmond Dekker
IT MUST BE LOVE - Madness
MONKEY MAN - The Specials
CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF OF YOU - Andy Williams
HOW SWEET IT IS TO BE LOVED - Marvin Gaye
MY GIRL - The Temptations
PIECE OF MY HEART - Erma Franklin
SITTING ON THE DOCK OF THE BAY - Otis Redding
SON OF A PREACHER MAN - Dusty Springfield