I am an experienced 'fingerstyle' guitarist and love helping create an ambience using the mellow tones of my classical guitar - playing light classical, Spanish, jazz and arrangements of pop songs from the Beatles to Oasis. I have a lot of experience playing at both smaller venues and larger ones (e.g., The Point, Old Trafford Cricket Ground) in and around the Greater Manchester area and beyond. I am happy to travel within a 200 mile radius.
I also play piano and would be happy to augment my guitar playing with piano if a well tuned one is available.
Claire Ainsworth• April 28, 2018
"We really enjoyed Rogers music
It was just what we asked for and complemented my husband's birthday party perfectly
I would highly recommend Roger
Emma Wheeler - Mansell• Sept. 27, 2017
"Roger Gamon, played his guitar at the start of my birthday party back in May, beautiful sounds, for two hours. all my guests loved his work. Having Roger playing as people were arriving added a certain ""je ne sais quoi"" to the event. He is a lovely guy and I recommend him thoroughly."
Dani & Gav Egan• Sept. 2, 2017
Roger recently played at our wedding a couple of weeks ago and it was simply perfect! We had 3 songs in particular that we wanted playing for our ceremony- 'Heartbeats' by José Gonzalez, 'Half the world away' by Oasis and 'Not Nineteen Forever' by The Courteeners. Roger not only learnt these specifically for us but played them with such finesse- so many of our guests commented on his playing afterwards. He also played while we had pictures taken and kept our guests entertained while they had drinks before our wedding meal. This again was very well recieved and provided a relaxing and melodic setting. Thank you Roger for providing part of the soundtrack to our wedding day! Your mixture of modern and classical was perfect for what we wanted and on top of this you were so friendly and helpful prior to the day. We only wish we could do it all again! Mr & Mrs Egan
Indy• Aug. 20, 2017
"I found Roger after intense google searching and emailing many many musicians with low response. Roger replied within a couple hours, was not only available but very accommodating. After a brief chat, I realised how down to earth he is. My fiancé and I had a song in mind that Roger was unfamiliar with but with a positive attitude - he learned it within a few days. On the day itself, hearing him play was the most calming feeling and I am very grateful of that. Roger played the song we picked beautifully and continued with many others in his repertoire. Later he even played for my husband and I when we had a moment to ourselves. It was a beautiful day and would definitely not have been the same without Roger. Thank you so much.
Angela Gray• May 16, 2017
"A joy to listen to, with a repertoire of songs to suit a mixed audience, we would highly recommend Roger for any kind of event small to large.
Organiser annual Greater Manchester 'Butterfly Ball'"
- How long do you play for?I can play for up to 3 hours (preferably with at least one short break)
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No (not required)
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes (Public Liability Insurance: Allianz Musical Insurance)
- How much space do you require?Not much - maybe around 1 square metre
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Very probably - I enjoy improvising. I also like to use a loop pedal at times during my set - this also facilitates accepting requests as I am thereby able to quickly record the chord sequence and then improvise the tune's melody. If I have a few days' notice I would be then able to work on an arrangement beforehand.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I have played for around 2 hours or more without a break, though I would like a few minutes break in the middle preferably.
Beneath you're beautiful Labyrinth/Sanders)
Lets Stay Together (Al Green)
A thousand years (Perri)
Somewhere over the rainbow (Arlen)
Cavatina (Theme from 'the Deer Hunter') (Myers)
Chasing cars (Snow Patrol)
Half a world away (Oasis)
How deep is your love (Bee Gees)
Prelude in C (Bach)
Thinking out loud (Ed Sheehan)
The way you look tonight (Kern/Parker)
Oh Danny Boy (trad)
Here comes the sun (Lennon & McCartney)
Here, there & everywhere (Lennon & McCartney)
All the things you are (Kern/Hammerstein)
Moon River (Mancini)