Reverie are a Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli inspired swing quartet lead by Nigel Wheeler (Guitar) and Mark Jolley (Violin) with Joe Morris (Rhythm Guitar) and Thomas Maddison (Double Bass).
Their music echoes the sounds of the classic Hot Club Du France recordings from the 30's and 40's but also has a fresh contemporary feel. They draw from a broad range of songs from the Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli era as well as others from the American songbook, they also feature some of their own compositions too.
They are available in a range of different combinations depending on your event from full Quartet, Trio (two guitars and double bass or two guitars and violin) or as a guitar duo.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Professional and highly experienced and reliable. We offer authentic Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli inspired swing/gypsy jazz.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Authentic and virtuoso musicianship with a wealth of experience. Adaptable for any event, large or small. Can be 100% acoustic so easily portable and compact.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Private functions from Weddings, Birthdays and all celebrations to corporate events.
- Who are your previous clients?We have played various events from private functions and weddings to corporate events some of our recent clients include, Vitabiotics, London Science Museum, Institute of economic affairs.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfers, Cash, Cheques
- How long do you play for?From 45mins to 3 hours depending on the booking
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Enough space for the numbers of musicians performing plus room for speakers if amplified
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, we can fulfill most tune requests. This can be arranged at time of booking
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depends on the lengths of the performances but normally a 15 minute minimum break is required between each 45min-1hour performance.
Up to 3 hours of music from the Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli repertoire and other American songbook classics.