Redemption Brothers are a 4-piece band formed in 2017, bringing together Richard, Hywel, Dave and Stuart who met as regular players and hosts of the local Folk Club. With a desire to be a little bit “different from the norm” and a keen interest in building and using DIY instruments as part of the performance, they bring a unique style and sound to their eclectic mix of classic pop and rock numbers from the last few decades.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Acoustic Folk Rock band with a twist.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing at the Annual Fuse Festival in Lichfield.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?More unconventional than the standard instrumental setup which provides a more unique sound.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Festivals. Folk Clubs. Private Functions. Weddings.
- How long do you play for?Very flexible as to how long we can play. From thirty minutes up to the standard 2 x 45 minute sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA. QSC Digital Mixer with Yamaha Speakers.
- How much space do you require?There's four of us but we can be pretty compact as Dave the Percussionist doesn't use a standard drum kit which would normally take up the most space.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If we were given about a week's notice before the event, we could almost certainly provide a worthwhile representation of a requested song.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We'd generally take a half-hour break in between two 45 minute sets.
"Covers with a twist..."
Dakota - Stereophonics
Mysterious Ways - U2
The Lovecats - The Cure
The One I Love - REM
Place Your Hands - Reef
Town Called Malice - The Jam
Should I Stay Or Should I Go? - The Clash
Wild Wood - Paul Weller
(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!) - Beastie Boys
Are You Gonna Be My Girl? - Jet
Need You Tonight - INXS
Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
Supersonic - Oasis
Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
Ever Fallen In Love... - The Buzzcocks
Kiss - Prince
Let's Dance - David Bowie
Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House
No More Heroes - The Stranglers
"Good Old Timers"
It's All Over Now - The Rolling Stones
Nutbush City Limits - Ike & Tina Turner
Meet Me On The Corner - Lindisfarne
Maggie Mae - Traditional
Wild Rover - Traditional
Catch The Wind - Donovan
Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group
Let's Work Together - Canned Heat
Ramblin' On My Mind - Robert Johnson