Photography and Videography.
For days you want to remember.
"A good photograph stops a moment from flying away".
Professional and passionate photography and videography services based in Birmingham and surrounding areas.
My name is AJay and my hair is blue. Welcome to Blue Jay Photography and Videography.
I am the owner and principle photographer of Blue Jay Photography.
I've been obsessed with cameras and the moving image since I was 4 and now here I am!
I have 8 years of education and training in visual arts and creative practises. I have studied lighting, camera, special effects make-up and editing at the London Academy of Film and Television, my BA Honours in Film Studies & Creative & Professional Writing and I will conclude my MA Filmmaking at Sheffield Hallam University in July 2019.
I firmly believe that film and photography are good for the soul.
When my Grandma passed, I used some footage I'd taken the year before to put together a memorial video. The experie...
Lauren at Unfolding Dreams Wedding and Event Planning• 26 Mar 2019
"Amazing work and so very prompt, highly recommend every time without question.
Selina Shaib• 24 Apr 2019
Amazing service, very affordable and very professional, would definitely recommend AJay she is amazing at what she does.
Zoe and Jon• 1 Jan 2019
"""Alex did the photography at our registry office ceremony, she was friendly, funny, professional and great with all of the guests. She took some lovely shots and some quirky ones we did not expect but love! Highly recommended."""
Ricky Dawit• 31 Aug 2018
"""For my wife's 40 birthday party and was looking for someone to do the photography and a short film from past to present. I was recommended raven photography by a friend so I arranged a meeting. I found Alex to be very professional and she worked around my budget. She went above and beyond and did not disappoint. She did a great job taking pictures through the night and the small film she made for my wife was just amazing. She really is a talented young woman, I would highly recommend raven ph...
Michelle Fowkes• 18 Aug 2018
"""Alex photographed our wedding she did an amazing job we’re really happy with the result and even made husband cry, we will cherish our album, it surely was made with lots of love, care and attention, She is friendly so makes you relaxed on your special day, thankyou again aj I will definitely hire you again your a star love Michelle and Matthew xx"""
- What style of photos do you take?We favor candid photography, we like to stay out of the way and snap authentic happy moments. However we are talented and flexible! We know what poses make a good photograph so we are happy to discuss style with you and will only take on the jobs we are confident with. In other words we won't try and blag it if we feel we're not a good fit for what you're looking for. We will provide a lovely mix of colour photographs and black and white - you'll be spoiled for choice! Any specific requests must be made clear at the time of booking.
- Payment and deposits - how does it work?Typically, bookings require a 50% deposit to secure your date. This deposit is non refundable, it secures the date for the client and compensates the photographer cor loss of business if cancellation occurs. The outstanding balance is to be paid on or before the date of two weeks prior to your booking. We are able to offer tailored payment plans if necessary. We offer a 10% discount on early payments (inquire for more information). In the event of late payment, a charge of £10 per day of lateness will incur and be added to the outstanding balance.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?In the unlikely event of extreme circumstances, we have a list of reliable contacts to find a replacement photographer.
- What is the turnaround for receiving the photos/videos?We do our absolute best to get your gorgeous photograph and videos to you as quick as possible - we know how excited you must be. Typically we advise 3-6 weeks for photography (depending on the package you chose) and 4-8 weeks for videography. If you have a deadline in mind please do get in touch and we'll see what we can do to help.
- Do you have the rights to publish the wedding photos?The copyright of the photographs remains with the photographer. This means that the client can reproduce them for personal use only. This also means that we have the right to watermark any photos, however as a courtesy we tend to only select a few to watermark.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?Most packages require only one professional, however we have a team of trusted comrades at the ready if you require more hands on deck.
- Do you send all the photos taken?You will receive lovely polished edited copies of every photograph we take. We do not provide original raw files.
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?We send you an exclusive download link for all of your beautiful edited photographs the second they are ready! Only people with a link can access the gallery giving you full control over who gets to share then with you.
- What kind of technology do you use?We shoot with a canon 5D Mark III which is above industry standard. For videography we use a directional microphone and a professional tascam recording device.
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?nope! If you book with us, your special day has our undivided attention for the duration of our time together.
- What does the wedding package include?We pride ourselves on being flexible and personal in our services. Events & Personal Shoots For events and and personal shoots the hourly rate is £40 per hour for photography and £55 per hour for videography (this service may be subject to an admin charge of 5%) . Get in touch for a quote. Weddings and Ceremonies For weddings and ceremonies we offer four basic packages outlined below. These can be tailored to your vision, take out what you don't like and add what you do, each day is different and we understand that. Get in touch for more information or check out our additional services.
- What services do you offer?Photography and Videography for weddings and other events. Full editing of any service. Digital downloads as well as optional add-ons (e.g physical copies, USB presentation boxes, invitations, save the dates and DVD's).
handmade photo books, invitations & save the dates