Blue Jay Photography
My name is AJay and my hair is blue. Welcome to Blue Jay Photography and Videography.
I am the owner and principle photographer of Blue Jay Photography.
I photographed my first wedding in 2009 when my Aunt and Uncle were given special permission to marry at short notice due to his terminal illness. Since then I have been dedicated to capturing the truly important moments of peoples lives.
I have nearly ten years of experience, education and professional training in film and photography and I am absolutely in love with my pet rabbit, Daryl.
I am happiest when I'm around other people and often come away from a wedding with my jaw aching from smiling so much!
I'd love to have a chat with you and hear about all your exciting plans and maybe even tell you about how I could be the photographer you've been searching for.
Selina Shaib• April 24, 2019
Amazing service, very affordable and very professional, would definitely recommend AJay she is amazing at what she does.
Lauren at Unfolding Dreams Wedding and Event Planning• March 26, 2019
"Amazing work and so very prompt, highly recommend every time without question.
Emma Hobbis• June 4, 2018
"""A-Jay came to our Stage school to help the pupils make mini movies. She was professional and respectful the whole time and the films produced were a really high standard and everyone was extremely pleased with the service!"""
Claire Dawit• March 6, 2018
"""A fantastic photographer.
Every moment of my husbands 40th was captured perfectly. Highly recommended x"""
Carl Aris• Dec. 4, 2018
"""AJay made a video for me that helped me apply for a new role at work. The video was great and it got me the job! They are very professional and I will definitely use them again."""
Ricky Dawit• Aug. 31, 2018
"""For my wife's 40 birthday party and was looking for someone to do the photography and a short film from past to present. I was recommended raven photography by a friend so I arranged a meeting. I found Alex to be very professional and she worked around my budget. She went above and beyond and did not disappoint. She did a great job taking pictures through the night and the small film she made for my wife was just amazing. She really is a talented young woman, I would highly recommend raven photography for any event."""
- What services do you offer?Photography and Videography for weddings and other events. Full editing of any service. Digital downloads as well as optional add-ons (e.g physical copies, USB presentation boxes, invitations, save the dates and DVD's).
- What does the wedding package include?We pride ourselves on being flexible and personal in our services. Events & Personal Shoots For events and and personal shoots the hourly rate is £40 per hour for photography and £55 per hour for videography (this service may be subject to an admin charge of 5%) . Get in touch for a quote. Weddings and Ceremonies For weddings and ceremonies we offer four basic packages outlined below. These can be tailored to your vision, take out what you don't like and add what you do, each day is different and we understand that. Get in touch for more information or check out our additional services.
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?nope! If you book with us, your special day has our undivided attention for the duration of our time together.
- What style of photos do you take?We favor candid photography, we like to stay out of the way and snap authentic happy moments. However we are talented and flexible! We know what poses make a good photograph so we are happy to discuss style with you and will only take on the jobs we are confident with. In other words we won't try and blag it if we feel we're not a good fit for what you're looking for. We will provide a lovely mix of colour photographs and black and white - you'll be spoiled for choice! Any specific requests must be made clear at the time of booking.
- What kind of technology do you use?We shoot with a canon 5D Mark III which is above industry standard. For videography we use a directional microphone and a professional tascam recording device.
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?We send you an exclusive download link for all of your beautiful edited photographs the second they are ready! Only people with a link can access the gallery giving you full control over who gets to share then with you.
- Do you send all the photos taken?You will receive lovely polished edited copies of every photograph we take. We do not provide original raw files.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?Most packages require only one professional, however we have a team of trusted comrades at the ready if you require more hands on deck.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?In the unlikely event of extreme circumstances, we have a list of reliable contacts to find a replacement photographer.
- Do you have the rights to publish the wedding photos?The copyright of the photographs remains with the photographer. This means that the client can reproduce them for personal use only. This also means that we have the right to watermark any photos, however as a courtesy we tend to only select a few to watermark.
- What is the turnaround for receiving the photos/videos?We do our absolute best to get your gorgeous photograph and videos to you as quick as possible - we know how excited you must be. Typically we advise 3-6 weeks for photography (depending on the package you chose) and 4-8 weeks for videography. If you have a deadline in mind please do get in touch and we'll see what we can do to help.
- Payment and deposits - how does it work?Typically, bookings require a 50% deposit to secure your date. This deposit is non refundable, it secures the date for the client and compensates the photographer cor loss of business if cancellation occurs. The outstanding balance is to be paid on or before the date of two weeks prior to your booking. We are able to offer tailored payment plans if necessary. We offer a 10% discount on early payments (inquire for more information). In the event of late payment, a charge of £10 per day of lateness will incur and be added to the outstanding balance.
handmade photo books, invitations & save the dates